• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Antonio Meccariello Shoes

WilYa

Reaction score
I could. But I would feel really bad having my pinkie stretching a side of 600£ shoes 2 sizes wider. If im paying a ton of money anyway, might just as well get something that fits my size 13 toebox on size 10 length and heel on my flat feet...
Why AM in particular then?
I would go for other cheaper MTM options to start with.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I could. But I would feel really bad having my pinkie stretching a side of 600£ shoes 2 sizes wider. If im paying a ton of money anyway, might just as well get something that fits my size 13 toebox on size 10 length and heel on my flat feet...

So any RTW ever fit you? I would just go full bespoke with someone who you have access to instead

Rimaarts

Reaction score
So any RTW ever fit you? I would just go full bespoke with someone who you have access to instead

Haha I would too! Now if someone would just donate me couple thousand pounds, I most definitely would... :-D:bigstar:

Rimaarts

Reaction score
Why AM in particular then?
I would go for other cheaper MTM options to start with.
Well... According to this thread he is great value for what he offers... And I love his lasts. But cheaper mtm? For example?

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Haha I would too! Now if someone would just donate me couple thousand pounds, I most definitely would... :-D:bigstar:

my point is why gamble with self-measure MTM on such large purchase with difficult fit

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
it starts with self-measure, he doesn't travel to US, I thought you can do MTM without test shoes? Though even with test shoes I can imagine if it's a hard to fit it will be kind off.

wizy

Reaction score
Antonio makes great shoes and this is my 4th pair (thanks to Sabot!)

The fit is on the narrow side especially when getting the foot in, once in the fit is so comfortable and feels solid.

Due to previous experiences (had a slip and resulted in shoulder injury) with shoes in the lower range, since I have always topy the soles. Took a brave decision and went for “naked” sole, oh what have I been missing the last couple of years!!

New kicks and loving it

74E3D8A2-D960-476C-A888-64365A104771.jpeg

EFA1CA32-0D0C-4EF6-BD19-3A61D2001EC6.jpeg

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Love the scotch grain suede and scotch grain calf sockliner! Nice detail.

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Antonio makes great shoes and this is my 4th pair (thanks to Sabot!)

The fit is on the narrow side especially when getting the foot in, once in the fit is so comfortable and feels solid.

Due to previous experiences (had a slip and resulted in shoulder injury) with shoes in the lower range, since I have always topy the soles. Took a brave decision and went for “naked” sole, oh what have I been missing the last couple of years!!

New kicks and loving it

View attachment 1144741

View attachment 1144742

I wish they carried this in large sizes because I love this loafer.

spencert

Reaction score
I have had break in issues with Argentum Dux (Chisel 2) and Titanus (Chisel 1) but none with Aurum RTW (Aurum Chisel). I tend to think the heel shape of Aurum Chisel is different.

The issue was also raised with Antonio a while ago; seeing @Proleet 's post makes me feel obliged to share Antonio's reply and my attempt in heel modification.

I copy his reply below:

Fot your existing shoes ,i have seen you get promlems ,with other brands too.

To solve very easly the problem ,follow my instructions so you will avoit to have issue .

rember that is you have original shoe tree ,you can do always something.

Check the exact point where the issue is ,and write on the heel last ,whereis the exact point.

Once you have written on the tlast that ,put a nail on the wood(take care ,and left about 3- 4 millimeters out,the head of the neil.

that ,buy a
some car putty,the stronger that you find,
cover the nail with the stucco for cars, as if you wanted to make a ball, so as to create a protuberance, propio where you need more 'space.
I advise you to make it a little bigger, so it works well.
When the stucco has hardened, scratch with glass paper to soften the protuberance.
In this way the shape will change the shoes gradually, where you need it, creating space where you need it
It will take some time, because the spring pressure is not very strong, but slowly the shape will do its job​

And below is my attempt:

Being a naughty student, I did not use a car putty (I tried to find one, but failed), but instead used Selleys Knead It Aqua (http://www.selleys.com.au/fillers-putty/epoxy/knead-it-aqua/). Also, I didn't follow the master's instruction in using a nail first (mainly because I don't have suitable nails at home anyway...) :p

View attachment 1130177

After leaving the epoxy putty to harden for around 24 hours, I sanded down the surface of the putty.

View attachment 1130175

And this is the final product -

View attachment 1130168

The heels got better after leaving the trees in for about two weeks.
Trying this out with Selly's Wall Putty, quite messy stuff... now the wait for 2 weeks.... hope it works.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads