1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  2. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 12 : Löf and Tung MTO shoes from Skoaktiebolaget

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 12th auction of the year is for a pair of Löf and Tung MTO (made-to-order) shoes from Skoaktiebolaget. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Antonio Meccariello Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by goodlensboy, Sep 21, 2012.

1. sd2002

sd2002 Senior Member

I have three Aurum and 2 Argentines. Both are excellent. However the difference is like comparing business class and first class on airplane. Business is class is better than most and it is all you think you need however when you make the jump to first class you noticed that there is a difference more than you ever though. Some pic below

6194FFC4-3346-444D-9625-CD47A05BA127.jpeg

2D81B3D6-3358-4049-926C-C432CD031C47.jpeg

2. clee1982

clee1982 Stylish Dinosaur

How has upsizing work out for you? I’m 9E in chisel 2, have a 9F in soft square, always a bit hesistate upsizing (afraid while solving the width issue end up too long)

3. WhyUEarly

WhyUEarly Senior Member

So I'm on the longer side of Brannock 9.5. I've tried two pairs of AM in 9.5UK. The first pair was black oxfords in the Aeris round last, which I felt had a bit too much volume. Unfortunately when I exchanged for a 9UK, after break-in, it was borderline not wide enough for the ball of my wider foot and I eventually understood that the length was not ideal.

This pair of lazyman is in the Aeris square last which felt like it had a bit less volume than the Aeris round last, but maybe that's just the elastic from the lazyman. It was definitely a good idea to size up to 9.5UK. Meccariello shoes all seem to run short (more fitted I guess?) so I'm comfortable sizing up, especially with my Asian feet...

Do you usually take 8UK or 8.5UK in most brands? Have you tried Zonkey Boots? I find them incredibly comfortable.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018

4. clee1982

I’m mostly 8.5 UK (CJ/JL/Church/Carmine, EG and GG are 9UK) though i’m also close to the wider side, for example the only GG that works is MH71, DG70 and TG73 were both too tight in toe box

5. shirtingfantasy

shirtingfantasy Active Member

Recently got a pair Titanus RTW from Medallion - just to see how the special line is like in terms of make and finishing. Hopefully will arrive in time for Christmas.

(For the normal Argentum-welted line, the other retailers include FineShoes HK, Yeossal in SG and The Sabot in Sweden)

And here comes the bad news for many: during the email communication with Medallion, they told me that if I wanted an MTO pair, the new wait time is...

7 months

...and that's part of the reason I chose their RTW instead.
    Honestly, I think Medallion are solely responsible for the updated MTO wait time :cheers:

6. clee1982

Medallion got their own last right? how does it fit vs. chisel 2?