• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Antonio Meccariello Shoes

shirtingfantasy

Reaction score
@shirtingfantasy how do you like the Aurum? Do you have any Argentum pairs to compare it to? Also - is that your pair from the instagram post, or is yours a different color?

You have a very keen eye for colour. It would be disastrous if my wife managed to spot these small differences in shade! To recap, this is the pair 8/2018 he posted a while ago:

My pair has a slightly different colour compared to the pair Antonio previously posted. The serial number is 2/2018 (no idea why it worked this way). From a more recent post on @a.meccariello Instagram, it appears like this:

The difference in colour was both unexpected and expected. Unexpected because when I ordered the pair Antonio/ Angela told me that it would have to be a shade darker than 8/2018 and it could only be in the darker shades of brown (due to base colour of the leather used on my pair; I assume since RTW is RTW this is something one needs to accept). The end result was expectedly good, nevertheless. I sent him some photos from Yohei to illustrate the darkness I wanted, and he improvised in his own very unique way. :)

I can compare the pair to my previous Argentum pair in Dux-MTO construction. In terms of fit, the Aurum chisel last has more generous toe space compared to the chisel 2 and fits me better. For mysterious reasons the heels are also more comfortable (maybe a more contoured - or sinuous in Antonio's terminology - heel shape?). In terms of construction and finishing, Argentum Dux-MTO is lovely but Aurum RTW is just seductive. The photos above are worth two thousand words.

shirtingfantasy

Reaction score

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Can you order Aurum RTW through website or you just have to email?

shirtingfantasy

Reaction score
Can you order Aurum RTW through website or you just have to email?

Email order indeed.

I think Antonio once mentioned that it will “go public”. But with the limited production, I doubt if it can make its way through (us) to the webshop ;).

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Email order indeed.

I think Antonio once mentioned that it will “go public”. But with the limited production, I doubt if it can make its way through (us) to the webshop ;).
Haha, after he “announcing” Aurum will go public, I have been checking his website ~ 2 times per week to see if it’s out yet

shirtingfantasy

Reaction score
Haha, after he “announcing” Aurum will go public, I have been checking his website ~ 2 times per week to see if it’s out yet

I am actually still eager to see the so-called “green colour misty”, as mentioned in his original Instagram post. Maybe the fortunate owner (if among the readers of this thread) can consider posting his pair here.

One good thing about the Aurum RTW is that it comes with complimentary lasted shoe trees, which normally would incur a charge. The flip side, however, was that Antonio had actually waited a few weeks for the trees to be finished and my delivery was delayed as a result...

shirtingfantasy

Reaction score
I quote Angela directly -

“The price for Aurum RTW is 1300 euro included all accessories ,metal ,wood box ,bags in tweed”

Isn’t exactly far from the base shoe price of bespoke, I heard :bigstar:

demian

Reaction score
Nope, and no shipping
Test shoe 300~350
last adjustment 150
shoe trees included
shipping 65 or sth.

My MTM + test shoes comes to 2000EUR in total

Let me clarify price for their Ready to wear Aurum,

Just bought mine,i'm in Europe and i paid included VAt 1650 euro in total, not shipping included,
but with a lot of benefits ,

I asked for special color ,in fact at moment all Aurum stock are in basic natural box (they have not finished the color on these stock,to allow everyone to ask for
personal patina,because as i heared from them a lot of request for different patina, that they decided to offer the patina selection for these left in stock .

so i was able to manage the color as i prefer ,i selected a tone or grey ,of course with the help and suggestion of their staff.

Shoe tree wood box and bags in tweed ,all included ,for this limited series.
i hope to receive mine before Christmas:cheers::bounce2:

demian

Reaction score
I quote Angela directly -

“The price for Aurum RTW is 1300 euro included all accessories ,metal ,wood box ,bags in tweed”

Isn’t exactly far from the base shoe price of bespoke, I heard :bigstar:

Let me correct ,because i just come from their workshop and i have all the prices:

I think their bespoke is very complete,i tried to ask for this service
they offer 2 bespoke service:

Caesar Bespoke service

A service bespoke wit 3 pair of bespoke:

1)Aeris good year as Trial shoe
2)Argentum welted as test shoes
3)main pair in Aurum bespoke selection

Totally you will receive 3 pairs of bespoke shoes at price of 3000 euro (i think not VAT)

The second option is :

Principes bespoke service

a service with 2 pair of shoes

1) test shoes in Argentum Weleted

2) final pair in Aurum Bespoke level about ( 2500 euro all trhe service ,i suppose with not VAT)

Personally i'm using the Aurum Ready to wear as test shoes :brick:, it will be faster
to get a good feedback from their chisel last .

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics