1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  2. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11 : Valstar jacket and a Master-Piece wallet courtesy of NoManWalksAlone

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a Valstar jacket and a Master-Piece wallet courtesy of NoManWalksAlone Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Antonio Meccariello Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by goodlensboy, Sep 21, 2012.

1. AngelK

AngelK Member

2. clee1982

clee1982 Stylish Dinosaur

Don’t think AM ever disappointed me in quality more like do you like it?

3. AngelK

AngelK Member

here is some pictures from their instagram,swap the images ,you will see some clients Wearing their Calcei:blush::blush:

4. clee1982

I mean for example they look very different than say Buttero, more like atheliesure, is that what you’re looking at?

5. Encore

Encore Senior Member

It took me another 2 months to read the whole thread, lol... saw a lot of nice pictures, instructive comments on construction , something stupid and boring...

By the meantime, placed another order so now I have 5 shoes (including one test and one final) on the way. Looking forward to posting the photos once they are ready.

Btw, just curious to know, say after I done my first MTM project with AM, am I suppose to have my own modified last with him? If so, what benefit does that bring to me? the last I chosen was Hawkbill, would I be able to use it if I were to buy another pair of Hawkbill in MTO? Or can it only be used in my future MTMs? Maybe I should ask this directly to him but figure no harming posting it here.

Also, would we have any more GMTO in the future. I have to admit I am thinking about my next, next of next, next of next of next MTM with AM already, just need the money now... lol

6. clee1982

We can do GMTO but probably best to get enough people then contact yeossal or the other retailers now thundermarch is gone.

Not sure about the personal last though I think you cannot use the personalized last on GMTO

7. Encore

Encore Senior Member

That would likely to be my guess too, thanks though.

Yeah too bad TM left. Anyway as Black Friday/ Christmas are coming, maybe better deals then:))))

8. Encore

Encore Senior Member

As promised:

WeChat Image_20180922111408.jpg WeChat Image_20180922111403.jpg WeChat Image_20180922111359.jpg WeChat Image_20180922111227.jpg WeChat Image_20180922111412.jpg

9. AngelK

AngelK Member

Last edited: Sep 23, 2018

10. tdes81

tdes81 Distinguished Member

Anyone know if Meccariello is doing any trunk shows in the states (NYC perhaps) this year?

11. Encore

Encore Senior Member

I don't think he do trunk show at all.

12. Encore

Encore Senior Member

Thinking of a MTM loafer project Since the simposio RTW model doesn't fit me well, my instep is the problem. (BTW, I am returning it, if anyone is interested and in Canada, let me know, it's UK8).

Deciding between Aurum or Argentum HW. Curious to know what are the differences between Aurum and A HW, from user prospective (I understand the construction/ leather differences)

13. clee1982

I can’t tell if you ask me...

14. evangel21

evangel21 Well-Known Member

Hi Gents,

Would anyone be interested in a GMTO of a modified Decurion model. It will be as shown in the pic but without the captoe. Medallion and broguing along balmoral seam will be retained.

Specs are as follow:
    Last - looking at Mayfair 2 last. 2nd choice will be Chisel 2
    Color - a mid-brown. Possibly melograno, antiqued chestnut or rhum
    Construction - Argentum-welted or handwelted

This will be done directly with Antonio. Let me know if you are interested. I am looking at doing this by end Oct/early Nov.

Decurion model (pic taken from Antonio's website):
    IMG_5649-600x600.jpg

15. beargonefishing

beargonefishing Distinguished Member

AM Chelsea GMTO up here: