1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Puchases through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Antonio Meccariello Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by goodlensboy, Sep 21, 2012.

1. clee1982

clee1982 Stylish Dinosaur

So some comment on sizing I took 9F in chisel 2 on the very first GMTO, took 9F on lazyman softsquare and 9E in chisel 2 on the latest grey museum.

Now i’m fairly certain a i’m 9E on Chisel 2 (tight but just right kind of tight), I would like to try 9E on soft square but 9F in soft square is pretty good already and given soft square suppose to be tighter than chisel 2 really don’t want to gamble unless I can try in person somehow.

2. beargonefishing

beargonefishing Distinguished Member

What are some other brands for reference? Thanks.

3. clee1982

GG MH71 9E, TG73 and DG70 in 9E are too tight in toebox. mH71 is just wearable

CJ 341 in 8.5E UK, CJ 348/358 in 8.5E UK, CJ 236 in 8.5E UK. 348/358 are borderline too tight.

Alden abrendeen (sp?) in 9.5D US is too tight in toebox, though if I go for 9.5E US then heel is too loose. Alden Barrie I took 9D US.

In EG, I only had experience with 82 but it was the Saks screw up D sizing so was too tight (took 9.5/10D). I knew I can take 202 in 9E no problem.

So generically i’m 9.5 D US just need toebox on the wider side.

4. cattitude

cattitude Senior Member

We're basically the same size. I could see the 9E on Chisel 2 working OK for me, but I like the fit of the 9F, though a bit loose - it should break in nicely over time. I can't imagine fitting into a 9E on the Soft Sq. Just my .02.

5. beargonefishing

beargonefishing Distinguished Member

Awesome, thanks for that information.

6. cypi2

cypi2 Senior Member

Decurion II from @ThunderMarch's GMTO.

Darn! I sorely miss him on this thread.

Decurion_II_Grey.jpg

7. Moon19smile

Moon19smile Member

Thanks! Got this pair from fineshoeshk. Really like the horween grain and the apron stitch! The colour is darker than I thought compare to a Antonio's photo, though I took these picture indoor.

I can see the colour lighten a bit/become white-ish at the crease, as you said, it should be fixed easily with shoes cream.

IMG_4806.JPG

IMG_4808.JPG

8. deez shoes

deez shoes Senior Member

Nice! I really like the oak color. I think it's a great color for that style. You'll love how the leather ages.

9. clee1982

that's a lot darker than I thought (and I would definitely prefer that), how much do they really lighten up?

10. deez shoes

deez shoes Senior Member

Enough for the wearer to notice without close inspection. Though after several touch ups it doesn't occur much because the leather will darken overall. Personally I only use a little natural lanolin for maintenance. It conditions and has water repelling properties.

11. clee1982

So there is quite a few different version of centurion between various retailer and Antonio’s own website, which one do you guys prefer?

12. clee1982

Ok worn for a few days, agree with you on soft square, got to be on 9F, otherwise too tight

13. nkapped

nkapped Active Member

I got mine too but I have to say this grey museum really looks no different to black unless seen under clear sunlight. Beautifully executed as always but a bit too conservative on the colour I felt.

14. clee1982

I think he has two grey museum finish, you can opt for the more "molding" one if you want for the next MTO I suppose

15. evangel21

evangel21 Well-Known Member

I share the same sentiment but it was the majority preference. That said this scratched the itch for a new black oxfords. Pretty happy how it looks black but yet different