Antonio Meccariello Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by goodlensboy, Sep 21, 2012.

1. bloodyj13

bloodyj13 Senior member

Yes I think so

2. Mr Tewkesbury

Mr Tewkesbury Senior member

Noted. :)

3. ThunderMarch

ThunderMarch Senior member

My general feel on fit, for Meccariello's lasts, are as follows.

For reference, I am a UK 8.5 normal width in most lasts. I also have very "easy feet", the most dangerous feet to have for a shoe lover.
    Average width, average - ish instep, average length, average anything, no particular peculiarities. With very few lasts that "do not fit".

Least generous
    - Hawksbill and Soft Square
    - almost certainly requires you to go up a half size.
    - the hawksbill in particular, being a banana shaped and shorter last.

Middle ground
    - Chisel 1 and Chisel 2
    - these 2 fit the same, and for those who have wider feet, you might still want to go up a half size.

Most generous
    - Round last
    - longer than the hawksbill, and wider overall. For average to narrow-ish feet, your normal size might work.
    - fits probably a quarter size more generous than the chisel 1 and 2.

4. deez shoes

deez shoes Senior member

I snagged the 8.5uk willow grain full strap loafers from the AM's website. The willow grain effect is more subtle than I expected. The shoes appear narrow and the waist...Ooh la la! The loafers are stunning but unfortunately they don't fit me.

I used Antonio's measurement guide. At first I was skeptical since the guide suggests that I should try 8.5uk and the lowest I go with is 9uk for loafers. However, the 8.5uk loafers are actually very similar in measurement and volume to a different pair that I own in my usual size. The problem I encountered with the AM loafer is that the full strap is too tight for my foot to get in since it's too high. I'm willing to bet that if the full strap was lower on these loafers I'd get a perfect fit. I just don't think this model works for me. I'll be posting these for sale soon. DSC_1997.JPG

5. ThunderMarch

ThunderMarch Senior member

For all you gentlemen who took part in the Hastatus GMTO, the shoes are in the final coloring / finishing stages, but won't be finished in time before the workshop closure for the month of August.
    The estimated delivery will be for the earlier part of September.
    Thank you for your patience and participation.
    I will post some pictures as soon as I get them, hopefully sometime late this week.