• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Antonio Meccariello GMTO Ideas

What colour would you like for this GMTO?

• Antiqued Grey

Votes: 13 32.5%
  • Grey museum calf

Votes: 15 37.5%
  • Chisel 2

Votes: 14 35.0%
  • Soft Square

Votes: 13 32.5%
  • Argentum Welted

Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Handwelted

Votes: 20 50.0%

• Total voters

boot_owl

Reaction score
Alright gents,

I believe all the loose ends have been tied up.
Antonio has also been informed of the specs.
We are good to go.
So I'll ask Antonio to get the link up live on say... Monday?

Sounds good. Still going to keep it up for 2 weeks? I’ll have the chance to try some AMs on the 10th of August but I think I’m confident enough to size based on the advice I’ve been given anyway.

ThunderMarch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sounds good. Still going to keep it up for 2 weeks? I’ll have the chance to try some AMs on the 10th of August but I think I’m confident enough to size based on the advice I’ve been given anyway.

Yes 2 weeks sounds about right. Of course it can be extended a little if the need be.

bsarosi

Reaction score
Alright gents,

I believe all the loose ends have been tied up.
Antonio has also been informed of the specs.
We are good to go.
So I'll ask Antonio to get the link up live on say... Monday?

Looks like the link is up on AM's website under GMTOs but a password is needed. @ThunderMarch - do you have the password? Or will the link be public Monday?

ThunderMarch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like the link is up on AM's website under GMTOs but a password is needed. @ThunderMarch - do you have the password? Or will the link be public Monday?

Yup the link and details only got fully updated today.
By now all of you would have gotten a message with all the necessary passwords, etc.
Cheers!

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This thread is so much better with Thunder. Placed my order. Unfortunately I got hit with 60 euro upcharge for size and width. I opted for topy with toe tap.

NJE66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This thread is so much better with Thunder. Placed my order. Unfortunately I got hit with 60 euro upcharge for size and width. I opted for topy with toe tap.
Yes. The thread is back in business.

Had the same experience at the last gmto - and naturally this time as well - and had to upcharge for width. My feet sucks.

@ThunderMarch, once again, thanks for setting this up.

frighter3

Reaction score
It seems that only 5 people, we need 1 more people
Need extra 10% off????
Hi all,

Price update from AM as followings:
Split toe pig skin is 1380 euro not VAt In argneum handwelted (lasted shoe tree is included)
Split toe in box calf 1180 euro (lasted shoe tree is included)

The more we have, we could ask for a lower price

nishant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Split toe pig skin is 1380 euro not VAt In argneum handwelted (lasted shoe tree is included)

For anyone living in the US, have you had to incur customs fees on the GMTOs ? This and that the leather is pig skin .. are there any concerns about hitting the customs ?

ThunderMarch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How the new medallion looks....
IMG-20190727-WA0014.jpg

IMG-20190727-WA0013.jpg

shirtingfantasy

Reaction score
Hi all,

I suggest you make the base construction Argentum welted and shoe trees optional. That could help some people avoid customs issues (even without innovative declaration of value). ;)

shirtingfantasy

Reaction score
Not sure if the idea of a wholecut Chelsea is for everyone, but I am making the following GMTO proposal for the community's suggestion. In the worst case I can always order on my own as a single-pair MTO :bounce2:

Background

Wholecut Chelsea boots are not made by many high-end makers. It's apparently made only by those who started off with much determination for making the shoes in the good, old way e.g.

Gaziano & Girling "Burnham", Goodyear-welted, GBP 1300 + VAT

J.M. Weston "700 Chelsea", Goodyear-welted, EUR 900 + VAT

Recently I acquired a pair of Horween hatchgrain boots from Medallion (Antonio's China retailer) during their summer sale. For the first time, I found that this kind of not-so-luxury leather actually has an addictive property.

After two rounds of Saphir wax: a gorgeous patina developing at an incredible pace. The smoothed-out grains at the toe and heel areas certainly add another dimension to the texture of the shoes - something that would be even more interesting on a pair of wholecut chelsea.

The proposal

Model:
Pilus Prior (one-piece wholecut, vertical seam at the back)
Construction: Argentum welted
Leather: Horween hatchgrain (see here for the colour options available from Horween's UK dealer) [? Sienna ? Saddle brown]
Last: ? Round ? Mayfair

The price for single pair MTO is about EUR 850. Using the formula by @ThunderMarch, a successful GMTO campaign would be able to bring this model down to about EUR 680 (-20% from single pair price).

Personally, I would prefer saddle brown or chestnut, which gives my collection a sort of colour variation. But Sienna is certainly a lovely and versatile shade. If that is the popular colour I am happy to go with it as well.

Any thoughts?

Antonio's wholecut Chelsea "Pilus Prior" in pigskin (style reference) - to be realized in a brown/ dark brown Horween hatchgrain

Attachments

• 1564284864491.png
    1564284864491.png
    999.4 KB · Views: 30
  • 1564300001640.png
    1564300001640.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 278
Last edited:

samu12ai

Reaction score
Count me in for the Pilus Prior chelsea. Really like the color on those split toe boots, whichever shade that is. Also really liket he Sienna. Would it be possible to order a different last and width? leaning torwards the chisel 2

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads