1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Antonio Mauritzi wingtips opinion needed

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by shnikies, Nov 27, 2012.

1. shnikies

shnikies Active Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    http://i48.tinypic.com/290vldy.jpg

I was wondering if I can get some opinions. I bought a pair of these Antonio Mauritzi wingtips for $100. I can't decide whether to keep them or sell them and look for a used pair of AE McAllisters. I think McAllisters in good used condition go for around $130 on ebay so it'd be close to a wash. Opinions? New Mauritzis or used AEs? Thanks!

2. forseti6

forseti6 Senior member

I found a pair of Antonio Maurizi shoes at DSW. They looked great, fit great, and were a good price. However, the build quality on them were absolutely garbage. I think I paid $150 for them, and don't think it was worth it. After about 10 wears, the stitching started to come undone. The leather quality seemed rather poor for a shoe that supposedly has a retail price north of $500.

That being said, I have three pairs of Allen Edmonds, and I wear a hell out of them, and they hold up marvelously.

I would never ever buy another Antonio Maurizi, but would certainly buy many more Allen Edmonds in the future.

Just my opinion.

3. SloopyNoob

SloopyNoob Senior member

For $100 bucks new, it's definitely worth keeping. The last on the AM is sleeker IMO. Where did you get it?

As for AEs, keep an eye out for Amazon sales. You can score a new McAllister for under $200

4. shnikies

shnikies Active Member

I got them during a doorbuster Black Friday sale on gilt.

5. FidelCashflow

FidelCashflow Senior member

6. chogall

chogall Senior member

can't see anything regarding its construction and such, but at the price point, its a good disposable pair of shoes.