• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Antonio Liverano, Florentine tailor

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speculating, but to me it looks like Taka is clearly the heir apparent at Liverano, so makes sense for Qemal to strike out on his own. He wasnt there for more than a few years, so I'd think most customers will want a significant discount to liverano prices.

That be fine but he's not a tailor.

WillingToLearn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have no first hand knowledge of their operations other than what I see on insta and armoury pics. Taka and qemal did the traveling/ fitting for most of the past few years. No idea who was cutting and sewing.

dawei94

Reaction score
Anyone have any other information on Qemal's new operation (price, trunk show locations / frequency, experiences to date from any forum members, etc.)? On his instagram there was a post where he had a trunk show at Prologue in HK, but not much information

Reactions: JGC

WillingToLearn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I traded IG messages. He is not coming to NYC any time soon. When asked, he characterized his style as typical Florentine, so I'd imagine the Liverano-like cut. I find it odd he is doing the Prologue trunk shows given his style seems to be competitive with their house cut. If it matters, I got the sense from our very limited correspondence that his English is not strong.

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any other information on Qemal's new operation (price, trunk show locations / frequency, experiences to date from any forum members, etc.)? On his instagram there was a post where he had a trunk show at Prologue in HK, but not much information

I reached out via IG a couple of months ago and was quoted 3800 euro for a basic 2-piece, no plans to travel to NYC yet but he would like to one day

Last edited:

benjamin831

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm certainly more interested in reaching out to Qemal than L&L. From what I understand, L&L is far too prominent to take customers outside of their pool or The Armoury loop, and if they do, charge them exorbitant prices.

Might have to take a trip out to Florence and pay him a visit.

Stugotes

Reaction score
I'm certainly more interested in reaching out to Qemal than L&L. From what I understand, L&L is far too prominent to take customers outside of their pool or The Armoury loop, and if they do, charge them exorbitant prices.

I think he has settled in Lucca, though. Anyone know for sure?

edit: "proof":

QqMdi2h.jpg

Last edited:

tim_horton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I agree. I really like the L&L house style but it's gotten so expensive. I try to justify it somewhat by the convenience of them coming to NYC regularly instead of having to go to Italy multiple times, and I realize it's an expense and hassle for them to come here, but that only goes so far. They are far more expensive than Rubinacci.

I follow Qemal on Instagram. I'd love to commission something from him but I have a mental block about making multiple overseas trips for tailoring... I'm not on that level yet.:foo:

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree. I really like the L&L house style but it's gotten so expensive. I try to justify it somewhat by the convenience of them coming to NYC regularly instead of having to go to Italy multiple times, and I realize it's an expense and hassle for them to come here, but that only goes so far. They are far more expensive than Rubinacci.

I follow Qemal on Instagram. I'd love to commission something from him but I have a mental block about making multiple overseas trips for tailoring... I'm not on that level yet.:foo:
B&Tailor as an alternative? If you're looking for New York convenience & like the florentine style. How much is Rubinacci vs. Liverano in NYC?

thatboyo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Corcos is also worth a look in Florence. His site still says not taking new clients until 2020 but I think if you email him and can go to Florence, he’d be open. I asked about a NY trunk show but he said he hasn’t decided on a schedule yet

tim_horton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
B&Tailor as an alternative? If you're looking for New York convenience & like the florentine style. How much is Rubinacci vs. Liverano in NYC?

I'm afraid of violating iGent decorum by quoting specific prices but in my (limited) experience there is a substantial difference.

Corcos is also worth a look in Florence. His site still says not taking new clients until 2020 but I think if you email him and can go to Florence, he’d be open. I asked about a NY trunk show but he said he hasn’t decided on a schedule yet

Corcos looks great. I would be all over a trunk show in NYC but I figured since his website said he wasn't taking new clients, a trunk show was out of the question. If this changes please post about it on SF!!!

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
does anyone know what B&Tailor charges for a basic 2-piece on a trip to NYC? or how often they travel to NYC?
Ask John - notice_of_appearance on Instagram.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm afraid of violating iGent decorum by quoting specific prices but in my (limited) experience there is a substantial difference.
Is there really that much of a price difference between Rubinacci and L&L's $7800 per the Armoury's website? I always figured Rubinacci would be close to that price (maybe a couple hundred$ less)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads