1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Antonio Liverano, Florentine tailor

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by unbelragazzo, Apr 17, 2013.

1. jonathanS

jonathanS Senior Member

Am I the only one who feels like this cut doesnt really flatter him? Like it looks fine, but I just think the soft shoulders combined with a slight frame and larger face / head don't work.

2. Stugotes

Stugotes Senior Member

There are some physical traits that no cut/style can straighten out, like overall height here; I've seen him in Florence, he is not the tallest. I'm not sure what stylistic choices would be better here, as the Liverano shoulders are already somewhat extended.

3. lordsuperb

lordsuperb Distinguished Member

Looks like Qemal is leaving the liverano family to start his own Sartoria.......

4. aristoi bcn

aristoi bcn Senior Member

There are almost half a dozen new sartorias from Liverano trained men in Florence right now...well, I don't think the master should be worried, it's natural to set up on your own when you're able to do everything yourself and he will be able to charge the big numbers to those who can afford him.

5. Stugotes

Stugotes Senior Member

Are there? Who would that be? Genuine interest here.

6. lordsuperb

I don't think it would make sense for him to charge big numbers starting out. If the price is similar to Liverano I would just go the Liverano route. I think he will have to set a price low enough to pull in a solid customer base who can sustain him for few years while his name grows.

7. aristoi bcn

Sorry, I was refering Antonio Liverano. I agree with you.

8. lordsuperb

Will you become a customer?

9. aristoi bcn

It'll probably be too expensive for my budget.

10. lordsuperb

Other than Francesco Guida, who are the other tailors that have spun off from liverano? I heard Guida offers a decently priced suit.

11. jonathanS

jonathanS Senior Member

I disagree: he was clearly the top guy at liverano - or close to it. Whoever replaces him will be his replacement (presumably not as good bc otherwise they’d have been doing the job over him all along). Presumably he can (or thinks he can) produce a garment that is Atleast as good, if not better than liverano. Thus he doesn’t necessarily have to charge lower prices.

Look at Michael Browne leaving chittleborough & Morgan. I believe chittleborough is around 5000 pounds while Michael browne is 6800 pounds.

12. lordsuperb

Shouldn't you be studying tort law?

13. bdavro23

bdavro23 Distinguished Member

I actually think he would benefit from a shoulder pad. His shoulders in this coat look incredibly sloped and exaggerates the distance between his head and the end of the shoulders in an unflattering way. I think squaring off those shoulders a bit would go a long way to improving the look of this suit.

14. WillingToLearn

WillingToLearn Distinguished Member

Speculating, but to me it looks like Taka is clearly the heir apparent at Liverano, so makes sense for Qemal to strike out on his own. He wasnt there for more than a few years, so I'd think most customers will want a significant discount to liverano prices.