• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Antonio Liverano, Florentine tailor

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I see the last button only buttoned on some DB suits from like the 40s-50s (ie the pic above of the smoking guy). What's up with this, was that trendy back then? Is there someone who has historical details on this?

carpu65

Reaction score
Less that is a Paddock model,in a single breasted jacket NEVER buttoned the last button.
(Only exception,if you are JFK and have a body corset).
In a double breasted well cut,you can buttonded the last couple (and lapels roll until the lower buttons) or the middle couple (with lapels that roll until the middle).

Dinjango

Reaction score
Actually you can button the last button on a sb...... if you are kamoshita
biggrin.gif

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Who else does the Florentine stlye? I see lots of love on this forum for naples, but not alot for Firenze/Florence, and judging from this - I'd want to see more

EliodA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Who else does the Florentine stlye? I see lots of love on this forum for naples, but not alot for Firenze/Florence, and judging from this - I'd want to see more

Where have you been? Corcos is the new igent darling.
Check out the ongoing bespoke projects thread. Some great stuff there.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Where have you been? Corcos is the new igent darling.
Check out the ongoing bespoke projects thread. Some great stuff there.
I'm in it, was just looking for more variety. Plus, he is blowing up, and has a lead time of 6-12 months now.

Tony Montana

Reaction score

Another Japanese in Florence (stuff looks superb to me, but only ever seen his blog): http://cavutosartoria.blogspot.it/

And then there's Rodolfo Cisternino. There are a few pics of his work on SF, most of them would be labeled something like "MBT", "Florentine MBT" or whatever ;-)

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Last edited:

EliodA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Must be frustrating for Sr. Liverano to train all these guys (not the work of a day or two), who then leave to set up shop for themselves....

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Must be frustrating for Sr. Liverano to train all these guys (not the work of a day or two), who then leave to set up shop for themselves....

I'm not sure tailors think like that, since they all develop their own style... This happens with a lot of shoemakers as well.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

But I'm sure they also have pick of the litter for apprentices

PSNY

Reaction score
What is the starting price at Liverano for a 2 piece suit in Florence?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads