• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Antiques, antiques auctions, recent purchases and discussion

Medwed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Group of cheap Delft and Chinese decorative vases. I am planning to just decorate the top of my walnut wardrobes with these. I got an idea from Rijksmuseum.

It makes furniture a bit taller and eats up some wall-white that goes on forever to the ceiling.

These are authentic Delft ( not antique) they are so ubiquitous in Benelux that I buy them for 10/15 Eur a piece. Tallest vase is 69 cm.

Last edited:

Medwed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Latest addition. Decorative Delft polychrome handpainted urn 75cm high (perfect for pot).
Two Brass lamps with square shades. Apparently I am in the minority of liking square shades, replacements are impossible to find. WTF is wrong with this world?

Medwed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The unbearable lightness of EDWARDIAN SATINWOOD ELBOW CHAIRS.....lol

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

The unbearable lightness of EDWARDIAN SATINWOOD ELBOW CHAIRS.....lol

They seem like they'd crumble like toothpicks don't they?

Medwed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some things are meant for each other unintentionally.

Medwed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lovely pair of Delft polychrome, 55cm tall. Probably early 20 C.

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice. The wife and I went to an auction yesterday and came away with a nice rug for her sewing room and I, on a whim, threw out a lowball bid on three really nice beaver pelts (which I won!). Excited to trade them for muskets or something.

Actually, I think I'm going to have my wife sew them together into an area rug for my office, or a lap blanket or something manly like that.

Medwed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can make a nice muff out of beaver pelts. :embar:

Medwed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Natural design.

Medwed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Strolled through Sablon area of Brussels. Placated my unhealthy obsession with boxes by buy this little darling at a flea-market.
Brussels is becoming our fav. city in Belgium.

Medwed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Won silk Chinese carpet in Antwerp and this 19C. Italian polychrome in Brussels. This calls for a collection round this Saturday and delicious buckwheat galette while I am in Brussels.

Last edited:

Medwed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
TEFAF MAASTRICHT largest Antiques and arts fair in Europe. Next see you in Park Av. Armoury.
The fair was huge. I bit of 'disappointment' was limited selection of Art Deco, Nuveau displays. Mid century furniture was very limited as well. I guess this MC craze is something more specific to N. America. In any case the best permanent display of awesome furniture is NYC is in Men's Bergdorf Goodman and you are not forbidden to sit in it:)

Multiple Restaurants were great , fresh see food and Champagne bar, coffee shops etc,etc. Netherlands are not known for good food , hence my surprise. Anyone visiting Holland should seek out Indonesian or Indian eateries and avoid the local pub food at any cost.
A few pics I snapped.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads