Antique tuxedo stud and link set

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Ambulance Chaser, Oct 15, 2004.

1. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

I have been looking for an antique tuxedo stud and link set.  The problem I have discovered is that most antique sets have three shirt studs while most modern tuxedo shirts have room for four studs.  Do any shirt makers sell OTR tuxedo shirts with room for three studs?  Or should I just wear a vest and leave the bottommost stud opening empty?

2. Will

Will Senior member Dubiously Honored

Add a button to close the bottom buttonhole.

Will

3. Kai

Kai Senior member

I just use a button for the 4th hole. You can't see it anyway, as it is covered by my vest.

4. cuffthis

cuffthis Senior member

I have some antique dress sets in my collection that have 4 studs. They are rarer than the ones with the 3 studs but they were manufactured. I don't sell items from my collection but I have a friend in NYC who specializes in antique cufflinks. He has several hundred vintage dress sets. Feel free to contact him. His name is Michael Rodriguez and his shop is called Retro-Metro/The Missing Link. www.missinglinknyc.com

5. carolslist

carolslist New Member

You need an 8 pc set. 3 studs are for the shirt that shows over the vest and 4 studs can go in the vest. Sometimes they show up on ebay. If I have time I will see if I can put one together but
    you will have to look me up . carolslist