• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Antioch College

crazyquik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone go there, or know someone who did?

If you put someone from Antioch and someone from Hampden Sydney in the same room, would the universe explode?

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One of my stepson's oldest and closest friends goes to their West Coast branch in LA. I think it is probably a good fit for the lad and will not say more than that.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by crazyquik
If you put someone from Antioch and someone from Hampden Sydney in the same room, would the universe explode?
I don't get it.
confused.gif
Not sure why someone (even an idiot!) would spend money on an Antioch College "education." Might as well go to Miskatonic.

tundrafour

Reaction score
I didn't go to Antioch, but I did go to another small liberal arts college fairly close to Antioch. Every Antioch student I encountered was pretentious and did lots of hard drugs.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tundrafour
I didn't go to Antioch, but I did go to another small liberal arts college fairly close to Antioch. Every Antioch student I encountered was pretentious and did lots of hard drugs.
Isn't it an online school? I am so confused.

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I knew a guy who went to Hampden-Sydney. 20-something virgin (I assume, maybe he paid) with a molester mustache.

crazyquik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
Isn't it an online school? I am so confused.

Antioch, at one time in the late 60s and early 70s, was the pinnacle of everything, uh, superleftwingpinkocommieprogressive. It made Berkeley look moderate. More recently, kids got harassed for wearing Nikes or anything else too corporate. It would be like going to school inside that NYU cafeteria take-over video.

It recently unraveled, and I guess there is an online school that remains.

mmhollis

Reaction score
haha, I went to Hampden Sydney: for a year. Then transferred to a school in Ohio no less, NOT Antioch though I don't know who wouldn't get sick of that. Even Oberlin is more manageable than Antioch.

crazyquik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mmhollis
haha, I went to Hampden Sydney: for a year. Then transferred to a school in Ohio no less, NOT Antioch though I don't know who wouldn't get sick of that. Even Oberlin is more manageable than Antioch.

Ohio Wesleyan?

zarathustra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Antioch is closing.... at least from my last update. Yellow Springs... is Antioch. It is a community lost to a time of hippies and such. I knoew a lot of people there when i lived in the Spfld.

Antioch people i knew then were the most AF-sorta hating people i knew. We i mean they wanted to smoke their pot and just do their thing but i feel they are ike the people i know at the new school for social research here in NYC. Liberal without any cognititve function to question why....

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Isn't Antioch the place, in the 1990s, that promoted itself as the place where you'd have to say, "I'd like to increase our intimacy, and touch your breast now. Is that okay?"

They were also one of the first schools to push student websites, back in the early/mid 1990s. I can remember many very pretentious and self involved yuppie kids, trying hard not to be yuppie kids, self actualizing on those old print based web sites, with every fourth word a "here" link.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zarathustra
Antioch is closing.... at least from my last update. Yellow Springs... is Antioch. It is a community lost to a time of hippies and such. I knoew a lot of people there when i lived in the Spfld.

Yellow Springs is not centered around Antioch anymore. People want to raise their kids there.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads