1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Antica Camiceria Luciano Lombardi - Napoli - Bespoke Shirt

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by marcodalondra, Apr 18, 2012.

1. aristoi bcn

aristoi bcn Senior Member

Hello guys,

Has anyone visited Luciano Lombardi recently? I have sent them severales emails to their address and have had no response so far.

[email protected]
    [email protected]

I'm interested in having some shirts made in Naples and I need to arrange the meeting beforehand because I'll be few days in the city.

Other options are Francesco Merolla and Ciriello. Have you had tried them?

I'm not willing to pay more than say 170-180€. As Luca Avitabile has raised his prices in the last years I have discarded him. D'Avino and Matuozzo are out of my price range yet.

I'm open to suggestions of other neapolitan shirtmakers too.

Thank you very much.

2. marcodalondra

marcodalondra Distinguished Member

I have not had to contacted them but I know that the daughter that was more involved with email has been on Maternity leave.

Have you tried their Instagram account?

3. aristoi bcn

Hi Marco,

It might be that then.

No, I didn't try, as they do not seem to be very active there. I'll do it.

Thanks for the answer.

4. brax

brax Distinguished Member

On a related note, at Marco's fine suggestion, I tried Lombardi and have really liked their shirts. No complaints at all.

When in Napoles I wrote down the code for a second order of Alumo shirtings and those, too, came back great from Lombardi. My problem now is that I'm out of shirting codes for Alumo Soyella and Alumo Sea Island. For some odd reason, Simone Lombardi cannot email me Alumo's shirting availability and I get zero response from Alumo directly and there are no shirtmakers near where I live. I cannot order more from Lombardi without knowing the Alumo availability. How do you guys find out what Alumo is making available?

5. marcodalondra

marcodalondra Distinguished Member

Have you tried asking them to send you some small cutting of what they have available ?

6. SartodiNapoli

SartodiNapoli Distinguished Member

I am client of Alumo if you can´t find what you are looking for, I might help.

7. brax

I hate to bother you so let me keep looking a bit to see if I can find a current Alumo book. If not, I may have to ask you for a little help. Thanks,

8. SartodiNapoli

SartodiNapoli Distinguished Member

Not a bothering. Best of luck.

9. Averroes1198

Averroes1198 Senior Member

Has anyone some recent experiences with Lombardi?

10. brax

Yes. I ordered 5 shirts about a year ago while in Naples. I ordered five more via email from the USA about six moths ago. And I have another five on order right now.

11. MoezM

MoezM New Member

Hi all,
    I plan to be in Napoli in a few weeks from now and looking to have some shirts done (among other things). I was considering Camiceria Piccolo but then came across this thread about Lombardi. Anyone has tried both and could compare them, in terms of quality, level of hand stitching, price range, etc.? Thanks much

12. brax

Never used Piccolo so can't compare. But I'm very happy with Lombardi.
    Here are four Alumo Cashmerello that they sent me this winter:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. aristoi bcn

Not a fan of coloured buttons but the cloths are tasteful. Unfussed collars? I've yet to order an "intellato" collar from Naples. But I fear ending up with something too slouchy.

14. brax

I'll occasionally put colored buttons on my casual shirts (never with a tie). I've attached another picture which shows the collar a bit better. Especially the nice roll. If you can believe it, the shirts have a fused collar. The lightest fused collar that Lombardi makes but fused nonetheless. I'm going to have some very casual linen shirts made up. Thinking of asking for no lining or maybe the lightest floating lining available.
    [​IMG]

15. emmonss1ozzie

emmonss1ozzie New Member

Do you know how long he usually takes to make an order after you pay to have them made? like 2 months?