• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anti-perspirant that doesn't stain shirts?

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Any recommendations? I've used plain deodorant for a couple of years but I tend to sweat a bit and want to go back to an anti-perspirant.

rebel222

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a prescription for a product called drysol. This is a drug that changed my life. I had a major perspiration problem.

I put it on drysol once every couple of weeks, as needed, at night. It is incredibly uncomfortable for that evening, and I have to take Tylenol PM to sleep. However, I don't ruin shirts anymore.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
I use Kiehls anti-perspirant....still contains aluminum, but works great, and hasnt stained my white shirts.

its pricey, but worth it if it keeps my borrellis and charvets white.
wink.gif

downwithianbrown

Reaction score
yeah, the problem is that its the aluminum that stains the shirts and the aluminum that prevents the perspiration. I don't believe it is this simple, but just imagine you took a piece of metal, wet it every day, and left it on some fabric, it would rust and discolor, so the yellow isnt from urea or sweat, but from the aluminum.

this may sound over the top, or too "gay" for some, but I had the same problem in a major way, so I buzzed my armpit hair. Not completely shaved, but buzzed em to a 1 with clipper. that way all the deoderant didnt get stuck in the hair to seep into fabric.

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Crystal. All aluminum based anti perspirants will stain shirts. You can try putting it on at night and taking a shower in the morning. That seems to work.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
Originally Posted by musicguy
Crystal. All aluminum based anti perspirants will stain shirts. You can try putting it on at night and taking a shower in the morning. That seems to work.

take a shower?!?!?! eff that.

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
malin+goetz has a nice one

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think I'll try the Arm and Hammer. It's not excessive, but I tend to be damp throughout the day and it's just annoying.

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
Any recommendations? I've used plain deodorant for a couple of years but I tend to sweat a bit and want to go back to an anti-perspirant.

CertainDri - you put it on the night before. Needs 2-3 applications in the beginning before you start seeing it work, but then you're bone dry.

Mr. Lee

Reaction score
Weleda spray. Recommend the sage scent. Got the idea from Glenn O'Brien, the style guy at GQ and haven't used anything else since. They make a great salt toothpaste, too, but since it's brown, it lacks a certain visual appeal.

Mr. Lee

Reaction score
Originally Posted by downwithianbrown
yeah, the problem is that its the aluminum that stains the shirts and the aluminum that prevents the perspiration. I don't believe it is this simple, but just imagine you took a piece of metal, wet it every day, and left it on some fabric, it would rust and discolor, so the yellow isnt from urea or sweat, but from the aluminum.

this may sound over the top, or too "gay" for some, but I had the same problem in a major way, so I buzzed my armpit hair. Not completely shaved, but buzzed em to a 1 with clipper. that way all the deoderant didnt get stuck in the hair to seep into fabric.

I don't care if it's "gay" or not but I totally buzz my armpit hair (as well as my chest). Once you do it, you'll never go back. That and the Weleda spray I recommended and "0" problems with anything.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads