Anti-perspirant that doesn't stain shirts?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Connemara, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Dean Keaton

Dean Keaton Well-Known Member

Man, new Malin&Goetz is the best deodorant I have ever used. It doesn't stain shirts, doesnt irritate the skin, you don't feel pain under your armpits (sometimes happens with normal deodorants).

Definitely worth trying out.

2. kraig

kraig Member

Degree makes a clinical strength which is applied at night and washed off in the shower. Works pretty well, has no smell, and it's cheap.

3. downwithianbrown

downwithianbrown Senior member

I don't care if it's "gay" or not but I totally buzz my armpit hair (as well as my chest). Once you do it, you'll never go back. That and the Weleda spray I recommended and "0" problems with anything.

I am the same way. I don't buzz my chest because frankly I'm not in very good shape, but I agree, if you don't mind shaving your pits then you shouldn't have any problems with pit stains ever again,

4. Tug

Tug Member

there's a few new antiperspirant products on the market that are designed not to stain clothing.

speedstick with stainguard - came out around april of last year. a reader of my blog wrote in with his results after testing it for 3 months. although there was a small amount of yellowing on his undershirts after the test, according to him, it was much less then when he used his former antiperspirant.

nivea invisible black and white for men - i just came across this product and wrote a small post about it on 1/13/11. the interesting thing about this product is that not only is it designed to not stain your undershirts with the common yellow/brown armpit stains, it also won't leave the white deodorant marks on your clothing when you put on your shirts!

if you're looking for longer antiperspirant control, you can checkout products like sweatblock (was on rachel ray show), drysol, klima deodorant, and some other clinical strength antiperspirants that are currently on the market.

armpit stain removal - lastly, if you just want to use the antiperspirant you're happy with and forget about the staining problem, there's a armpit stain removal product called deo-go (getdeogo.com) that is designed and 100% effective in removing set-in armpit stains and deodorant build-up.

i'm just hoping somebody designs and undershirt that won't stain in the underarm area [​IMG]

if you want more information about everything above, you can stop by my site and use the search bars to find the articles.

best,
    tug
    undershirtguy.com

5. HEWSINATOR

HEWSINATOR Senior member

If that Deo-Go works it is worth the 10.50. I have many shirts with years of gross, thick, set in stains.

6. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

You can also dab a little talc under your arms. Keeps things dry smooth.

7. tjc4golf

tjc4golf Senior member

CertainDri - you put it on the night before. Needs 2-3 applications in the beginning before you start seeing it work, but then you're bone dry.

+1

Certain Dri (non-prescription and available in your local drug store, contains the same active ingredient as the prescription stuff suggested by Rebel222) is the way to go. It is amazing how well aluminum chloride works in comparison to traditional products that contain other aluminium compounds.

I apply the stuff once a week and don't sweat. Been using it for a couple years now and there has been no staining whatsoever.

8. cluu1

cluu1 New Member

9. Prada_Ferragamo

Prada_Ferragamo Senior member

I bought this thing from saks a while ago that worked wonders. Will look it up when I get home.

10. TimelesStyle

TimelesStyle Senior member

I like the ones applied at night. There are several out there, Drysol (RX), Certain Dry, Maxim and Odaban, along the solid ones from Gillette and Degree. I use Odaban, since it comes in a spray bottle which I find more convenient and less messy.

It can be irritating, though there are a few ways to mitigate this. Don't use right after showering, or, if you are a trimmer, after trimming. If it's still a bit too much, once it dries try using some cortisone ointment. A word of warning, though, wash thoroughly the next morning, as cortisone doesn't rinse away as cleanly as other products and should it come in contact with your clothes the stains are pretty bad (it's petroleum-based).

11. Zackb911

Zackb911 Senior member

CertainDri - you put it on the night before. Needs 2-3 applications in the beginning before you start seeing it work, but then you're bone dry.

+2

12. HEWSINATOR

HEWSINATOR Senior member

Are all these recommendations for a stronger product also a recommendation for a product that does not stain?

13. TimelesStyle

TimelesStyle Senior member

Are all these recommendations for a stronger product also a recommendation for a product that does not stain?

No, the stronger ones stain a lot, the difference is that they're applied at night and rinsed off in the morning, so all that will get stained is whatever shirt you sleep in. You also only use them between twice a week and every other week, so it's not a daily concern.

On that note, no matter your usual sleep attire, you'll want to wear a t-shirt (vs. nice pajamas, wifebeater, no shirt). Nice pjs will get ruined, and you want some sort of sleeve to a) protect your sheets and b) to keep your underarm from rubbing against itself as this will increase the irritation.

14. adamha21

adamha21 Senior member

there's a few new antiperspirant products on the market that are designed not to stain clothing.

speedstick with stainguard - came out around april of last year. a reader of my blog wrote in with his results after testing it for 3 months. although there was a small amount of yellowing on his undershirts after the test, according to him, it was much less then when he used his former antiperspirant.

undershirtguy.com

This is some BS. I've been using this anti perspirant for about a year and the stains are worse than with my old stick. I have stopped using and switched to a different brand.

15. cthip

cthip Senior member

all anti-perspirants by using various chemicals that form a gel or other sticky-gummy substance to clog up your pores and prevent sweat from coming out. on the back label they will have a box labeled "drug facts" and an active ingredient.

the natural and crystal alternatives mentioned here have not been proven to effectively prevent wetness for most people, although they work for some. as a moderately sweaty guy, none of them have worked for me.

for true anti-perspirants, most manufacturers have moved away from aluminum chlorohydrates because of negative press these compounds have received due to health concerns. however, these concerns may not be legitimate as the fda still recommends/allows chlorohydrates. furthermore, it has not been demonstrated that the newer compounds (usually something like aluminum zirconium trichlorohydrex gly) are safer or more effective--they're just different. as far as i can tell, the reason manufacturers no longer use aluminum chlorohydrates is either because the newer alternatives are cheaper, or so that they can print "no aluminum chlorohydrates" on the front of the label.

in my experience, the new aluminum-zirconium stuff sucks. infinitely more irritating to my skin, and leaves much worse yellowing stains on my shirts. i've gone back to aluminum sesquichlorohydrate 25%, the mitchum roll-on unscented. roll-ons and sprays will leave less white gunk on dark clothes than gels or solids.

if you get stains on your clothes or skin irritation, look at the active ingredient in your current product. if the new aluminum-zirconium stuff doesn't work, don't use it.