• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

anti-inflamitories

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have reached acceptance that, at the ripe olf age of 46, I will either have to dramitically reduce the amount of strain I put on my body or start using some kind of anti-inflamitory topical cream on a regular basis. its not that bad, mostly my ankles and my thumbs.

anybody use these? any recomendations? I'm using tiger balm and ben gay mostly. sometimes the cream and sometimes the patches.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Does Aspercream even have Aspirin in it??

My recommendation is Voltarin Gel, which is over the counter in Europe but requires an Rx here in the U.S.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Cremes are mostly worthless unless they're prescription. You're better off popping pills. Sounds more like its a joint issue rather than a muscular one. You have a history of arthritis in the family?

Voltaren might be an option. The gel can be crazy expensive depending on your insurance.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
thanks - I actually have some that I picked up in Europe on my last trip, so I'll try that. I am not sure if its a joint, muscle or something else issue - I had tendinitous a few years ago, and my family has a lot of history of arthritis, but right now the damn thing is at the very back of my heel, on both feet. I have been getting a lot of muscle aches and a little bit of joint aches over the past couple of years. not a lot of fun

salisboss

Reaction score
+1 for tiger balm. I also use 500mg naprosyn that I have from a back injury.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

thanks - I actually have some that I picked up in Europe on my last trip, so I'll try that. I am not sure if its a joint, muscle or something else issue - I had tendinitous a few years ago, and my family has a lot of history of arthritis, but right now the damn thing is at the very back of my heel, on both feet. I have been getting a lot of muscle aches and a little bit of joint aches over the past couple of years. not a lot of fun

back of your heels? your achilles tendon, or the actual ball of your heel? could be your shoes. as for muscle aches, well, you ARE getting old, and you do stay rather active, so...

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
****, the damn post copied like 20 times, and then dissappeared.

anyway, so like I was saying this week the pain is in the ball of my ******* heels. I had tendinitous once, a couple of years ago, and I get various joint and muscle pains on a regualr basis. much of waht I do is pretty high impact - cross fit, jogging, boxing, etc. it takes its toll.

chrisp1131

Reaction score
I agree, I love tiger balm. Plus it doesn't leave that oily feeling that bengay cream has

DMartins

Reaction score
Do you have a health plan? That kind of pain could indicate something more serious (not to be an alarmist but nothing is more important than your health).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads