anti-inflamitories

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by globetrotter, Mar 16, 2013.

1. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

I have reached acceptance that, at the ripe olf age of 46, I will either have to dramitically reduce the amount of strain I put on my body or start using some kind of anti-inflamitory topical cream on a regular basis. its not that bad, mostly my ankles and my thumbs.

anybody use these? any recomendations? I'm using tiger balm and ben gay mostly. sometimes the cream and sometimes the patches.

2. hopkins_student

hopkins_student Senior member

Aspercreme.

3. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

Does Aspercream even have Aspirin in it??

My recommendation is Voltarin Gel, which is over the counter in Europe but requires an Rx here in the U.S.

4. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Cremes are mostly worthless unless they're prescription. You're better off popping pills. Sounds more like its a joint issue rather than a muscular one. You have a history of arthritis in the family?

Voltaren might be an option. The gel can be crazy expensive depending on your insurance.

5. globetrotter

thanks - I actually have some that I picked up in Europe on my last trip, so I'll try that. I am not sure if its a joint, muscle or something else issue - I had tendinitous a few years ago, and my family has a lot of history of arthritis, but right now the damn thing is at the very back of my heel, on both feet. I have been getting a lot of muscle aches and a little bit of joint aches over the past couple of years. not a lot of fun

6. salisboss

salisboss Well-Known Member

+1 for tiger balm. I also use 500mg naprosyn that I have from a back injury.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

7. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

back of your heels? your achilles tendon, or the actual ball of your heel? could be your shoes. as for muscle aches, well, you ARE getting old, and you do stay rather active, so...

8. globetrotter

fuck, the damn post copied like 20 times, and then dissappeared.

anyway, so like I was saying this week the pain is in the ball of my fucking heels. I had tendinitous once, a couple of years ago, and I get various joint and muscle pains on a regualr basis. much of waht I do is pretty high impact - cross fit, jogging, boxing, etc. it takes its toll.

9. chrisp1131

chrisp1131 Member

I agree, I love tiger balm. Plus it doesn't leave that oily feeling that bengay cream has

10. DMartins

DMartins Active Member

Do you have a health plan? That kind of pain could indicate something more serious (not to be an alarmist but nothing is more important than your health).