• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ans Fashion (HK Tailor) coming to Australia

snailtrail83

Reaction score
The website is www.ansfashions.com

As luck would have it, I won't be in Australia when he comes over, as I will be in HK getting a suit! However, I'm wondering if anyone was heard of them before? They placed an ad in the Financial Review, and suit prices start from the high $300 mark. At that price, I guess you can't expect anything great, but they do have shirts at about $50.

EDIT: misspelt the website

appolyon

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
the website is http://www.ansfashions.com

... they don't however provide much detail about the process though ... would probably be best to hear from someone that has used them before

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a friend who has been using them for shirts for the past few years.
Regrettably (!) he only avails himself of poly-cotton blend fabrics, rather than their pure cottons, so I can't speak to the quality of their better shirting fabrics.

However, his shirts do look to be quite well-tailored.
Of course, we're not talking Borrelli or Brioni standard here, but they are nicely-fitted to his frame and he says that they have never stuffed up an order - what he orders is always what he gets.

My friend has said that he typically pays about $100 per shirt, so I suppose that although the website prices start low, the price increases quite easily depending on the options that you choose. Also remember that the website prices are in US dollars.

Anyway, it looks as though they'll be in Brisbane early next week, so I might wander over to the hotel and have a chat to them/look at their fabrics.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought that I should provide an update for any who might be interested.

I ended up purchasing a pair of trousers from AnsFashions during their February visit to Australia, and I must say that I am very happy with them.
Admittedly, the quality of the interior finishing is not great - not nearly as good as quite a few RTW brands.
However, the fit is excellent and from the outside (which is all that everyone bar myself gets to see!), the trousers look very nice indeed. With the exception of a couple of my pairs of shoes, the trousers are the most complimented item in my wardrobe.

The trousers cost AUD$200 delivered by courier to my door. Obviously, the cost can vary a bit based on the fabric used.

I'm seriously thinking of getting a matching jacket and waistcoat from them next time they visit Australia.

E.Said

Reaction score
I realise that this is kind of an old thread but I figure why not throw in my 2 cents as ANS were in australia (brisbane) just the other day. (not sure but they might be doing some of the other major cities now.)

I am yet to see the quality of their work but the tailor really seemed to know his stuff and the variety of fabric they had on hand was pretty impressive.
I'll post with an update once they deliver....should be interesting for $400.

affutt

Reaction score
I've ordered from ANS Fashions when they came by last year and I'd have to say I was UNimpressed with the results. Below are a few of my thoughts:

First, their pricing is a bit deceptive. They quote in A$ but end up charging you in HK$ whereby they inflate the currency rate to best suit (pardon the pun) their HK$ income. I was told they would refund for any currency exchange differences back to A$ on my credit card. To date, they have not kept to that end of the bargain and I'm short (overpaid) more than A$100.

Second, the workmanship on the suit I ordered very subpar. I guess you pay for what you get....that is A$699 for a suit where the buttons don't line up to the button holes, sleeves where the inner-lining juts out and shoulders where the stitches can be clearly seen. I've complained but the way they see this as being resolved is if I ship the suit back to HK and also pay for the extra alterations required!

The shirts were okay~...certainly not to the value/quality of $110 each!

Whoever is reading this thread, keep this in mind...you're ordering from a tailor that is based in Hong Kong. Do you honestly think they have their best customer service interests for Aussies that live thousands of kilometers away? I've discovered the hard way... There are many quailty tailors down here, and it's not worth taking the risk and hassle and throwing good money for bad.

tchoy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by affutt
Whoever is reading this thread, keep this in mind...you're ordering from a tailor that is based in Hong Kong. Do you honestly think they have their best customer service interests for Aussies that live thousands of kilometers away? I've discovered the hard way... There are many quailty tailors down here, and it's not worth taking the risk and hassle and throwing good money for bad.

Sorry to hear your Hong Kong tailor experience hasn't been a good one. There are exceptions of course.
I've had nothing but excellent service from a few tailors that I have used, WWChan, Gordon Yao, Ascot Chan for shirts. They are mostly more expensive than other tailors in Hong Kong. As are most things in life you do get what you paid for.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads