1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Another Wedding this weekend

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ratboycom, Jul 29, 2006.

1. ratboycom

ratboycom Senior member

Well its my girlfriend's friend Masami's wedding today and I was wondering with it being so hot lately what would be good atire. Are shorts a major Faux Pas, even if they are nice slacks style ones (mind you I saw plenty of this at my cousin's wedding last week).

Also I am not overy familiar with the bride/groom and my girlfriend will not be present so I am going in her place and I have a lot of friends that will be there, so I should have a litte more leeway with my dress... right?

2. Histrion

Histrion Senior member

You would get more responses if this was on the Clothing forum.

Anyway, I wouldn't recommend wearing shorts to a wedding, or to pretty much anything really. It is way too casual for such an occasion. Shorts are fine for young people (like me) who are not attending any specific event...

3. ratboycom

ratboycom Senior member

well I figured I might get some response in here because the question was more about shorts. I did feel that they are inapropriate for weddings, but was confused when I saw so many people wearing them at the last wedding I went to.

4. DNW

DNW Senior member

Saw an older guy last night at a bar lounge, probably mid 40s, with linen shorts, white linen shirt, and a blue linen jacket. The combo looked a bit "off" to me. Personally, I wouldn't wear shorts to a wedding that I'd take seriously. If you're just crashing, well, that's another dilemma.

5. Matt

Matt Senior member

i dont think id wear shorts to a wedding under any circumstances (and i live in eternal crazy heat)

6. ratboycom

ratboycom Senior member

well I ended up wearing some very nice Energie Jeans and a decent light dress shirt, I did feel under dressed at the wedding though,

7. xcoldricex

xcoldricex Senior member

please do not wear shorts to a wedding.