• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo, a sustainable leather goods company based out of Vancouver, BC, Canada, making premium, made-to-order, water-repellent leather jackets and gloves. .Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Another watch help thread

Rugger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking to stay under $1000 either new or used. Wouldn't mind going used for a nicer/higher quality watch. Style is open....but leaning towards something like a Breitling chronograph, GMT or classic styles like IWC portofino. Thoughts/pics appreciated

Twotone

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Breitling chronograph to IWC portofino is a wide range in style. Best bang for the buck brands include: Tissot, Oris, Hamilton, Seiko, Sinn, Baume Mercier, Tutima. I suggest trying on as many as you can and find one you like. Buying sight unseen is not a good idea unless you know exactly what you want.

liquidrevolver

Reaction score
I'm a big fan of Citizen and Seiko as well as Hamilton (probably one of the best bangs for the buck with a Swiss movement).

Twotone is absolutely correct. Don't buy a watch without taking a peek at it in person first.

Cant kill da Rooster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

leaning towards something like a Breitling chronograph, GMT or classic styles like IWC portofino.

You need to increase your budget if those are what you are looking for. I don't know of any chronos or GMTs in your price range even used if your batting around names like Breitling or IWC.

If you mean just stylewise, then I concur Hamilton is a good bet.

Last edited:

Rugger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I worded that funny. I'm not looking at buying a breitling or GMT...just leaning toward those styles. I understand those can't be had for under 1k

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Styleforum x S.E.H Kelly Balmacaan: Choose the Fabric

• standard 5 — light and dark brown

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • standard 7 — dark brown and charcoal

Votes: 17 13.7%
  • wide 1 — charcoal and blue-grey

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • wide 3 — barley and brown

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • wide 5 — charcoal and dark navy