• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

(another) shirt fit critique

radicaldog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would actually let the waist out a bit. As for the sleeves, don't they ride up too much when you bend your arms? The front could be cleaner (which doesn't mean tighter) around the pectorals/shoulders.

Shirtmaven

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
has this shirt been washed a few times?
if not, the sleeves will be too short after the third wash

vncrz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by radicaldog
I would actually let the waist out a bit. As for the sleeves, don't they ride up too much when you bend your arms? The front could be cleaner (which doesn't mean tighter) around the pectorals/shoulders.

The sleeves ride up a bit but not enough to be hidden under the suit sleeve. As for the front, the shirt wasn't ironed before I put it on, which might have something to do.

Originally Posted by Shirtmaven
has this shirt been washed a few times?
if not, the sleeves will be too short after the third wash

Yes, the shirt has been worn and washed several times. I like my jacket sleeves a tad on the short side, Ã la YFYF, and the shirt sleeves peeked out way too much pre hemming, now it's about a quarter to half an inch.

Thanks for the input!

Shirtmaven

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
it is the cuff circumference that controls the sleeve length. so you may find the sleeves feel a bit short when sitting at a desk

otherwise the shirt looks fine

sonlegoman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would say things look pretty good. Any criticism is probably verging on nitpicking.

EZETHATSME

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sonlegoman
I would say things look pretty good. Any criticism is probably verging on nitpicking.

I agree.

EZ

vncrz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Shirtmaven
it is the cuff circumference that controls the sleeve length. so you may find the sleeves feel a bit short when sitting at a desk otherwise the shirt looks fine
You're of course right. However in more casual environments I like to rock the unbuttoned cuff look and for that they need to be a bit shorter… from one of the best posts in the Sartorialist:

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 14 3.5%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 71 17.9%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 131 33.0%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 69 17.4%
  • 31 - 40

Votes: 27 6.8%