• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Another - Review my Jantzen Fit

txnskr

Reaction score
I ordered this shirt a few months ago, and I think I need some adjustments. It fits a little tight on my shoulders when I put my arms forward (like when typing) and seems a bit tight around my chest/wrists. It is also a bit short in the sleeves. I wanted to get some input on how/how much I should adjust it.
Thanks

jml90

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
More room in the shoulders longer sleeves. I don't know about you but I like to be able to actually move in my shirts not the tight as a pair of compression shorts bull ****

Toiletduck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
are the sleeves actually short because the sleeve opening is too small? It seems to be short because its resting on that spot on ur hand

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very nice fit in the body - that's how I like my shirts to fit. My Jantzen is cut like that as well. Did you specify 'form fit' on the order form?

You are in shape - show it off, don't hide it under a baggy shirt. Maybe ask for a bit more allowance in the areas that are uncomfortably tight.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It actually looks like it fits pretty well. If the sleeve seem to catch when you move your arms forward, it could be that the armholes are a little low, and/or the sleeves a little narrow.

CaptChaos

Reaction score
There is something funky going on at the back of your collar. Perhaps you don't have it folded down completely. I'd go longer on the sleeves. It looks pretty fitted in the chest and waist. I might go slimmer in the upper arms and go with a higher armhole.

Which fabric is that?

Dragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it looks pretty good. Tight fit vs loose fit is all about personal preference.

The sleeves might be slightly on the short side, but if they look good with a jacket on, then I think it`s perfect.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it mostly looks good, the only thing that is bothering me for some reason is the upper arm. It looks like the upper arm odesn't fit the same way as the rest of the shirt - like it's looser somehow. Normally, this wouldn't really matter because it's a personal preference on how you like your shirt to fit, but if the whole shirt is going to be tight then the upper arm should be tight as well or else it kind of throws things off.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads