1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Another place to waste your time

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Shirtmaven, Jan 14, 2005.

1. Shirtmaven

Shirtmaven Senior member Dubiously Honored

This was Posted on the DNR site this morning. Men's Style Site Set for Jan. 20 Debut NEW YORK (January 14, 2005) - CondÃ[​IMG] Net's Men.style.com fashion Web site will go live on Jan. 20. A sibling initiative to the successful Style.com women's web site, which serves as the online home of Vogue and W, the men's site will include coverage of the fall '05 men's collections from Milan and Paris. The site will also include style tips and advice, feature stories, and content from CondÃ[​IMG] Nast's GQ and Fairchild Publications' Details. Additionally, it offers interactive reader forums and a tool where browsers can save news and product information to a personalized page. Initial advertisers on the men's site include Neiman Marcus, Ermenegildo Zegna, Diesel, Chanel, Kenneth Cole and Nokia. DNR, Fairchild Publications, CondÃ[​IMG] Net and CondÃ[​IMG] Nast are all properties of Advance Publications Inc. DAVID LIPKE I went to the GQ forum once and ran away. What will ths one be like? Carl www.cego.com

2. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

I'll go out on a limb and say it will be awful. Just a hunch.

3. Alexander Kabbaz

Alexander Kabbaz Senior member

Well ... they'll keep a sharp eye on it for about two weeks. During these two weeks, flames will probably be extinguished. Then, as all major corporations, the level of supervision will drop and drop and drop. Eventually, they will elevate the corporate Sanitation Engineer to the post of Moderator. At that point, the hottest item being discussed will be Flourescent Orange Vinyl Safety Vests which read, "Person Working". In the end, it will look exactly like their premier publication, "Brides": 473 pages of ads and 12 pages of advertorials. Can't say enough for small, entrepreneural enterprises like alias productions and askandy. Who is John Galt?

4. johnnynorman3

johnnynorman3 Senior member

Well, however bad it will be, at least they won't have server problems for days at a time.

I'm outta here -- I'm going over to Modern Man forum and will make a home there. And the fish, the fish is coming with me.

Who's coming with me? Who's coming with me, besides Flipper here?

Oh, geez, okay I'll stay here.

5. Bradford

Bradford Senior member

Probably lots of pop-up ads and by registering you'll start receiving numerous e-mails and snail mail offers for everything from magazine subscriptions to cell-phones to store credit cards.

Bradford