Another "my new apartment" thread

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Lucky Strike, Jun 12, 2008.

1. Luc-Emmanuel

Luc-Emmanuel Senior member

Yep, something like that. Does that smell like resin?
    yes, it's been the official "dirty apartment" cleaner for decades here: walls, wooden floors... The only drawback is that you need to rinse.
    Not sure about the chair.

!luc

2. Toiletduck

Toiletduck Senior member

[​IMG]

Chair for your desk? Looks mighty uncomfortable. Must be expensive seeing that its under lock & key [​IMG]

3. Lucky Strike

Lucky Strike Senior member

yes, it's been the official "dirty apartment" cleaner for decades here: walls, wooden floors... The only drawback is that you need to rinse. Not sure about the chair.
    That must be the more or less the same stuff under a different brand, then. I'm not sure about the chair myself, it will be $100 to buy and another $2-300 to reupholster. The tentative plan is to use it as a desk/occasional chair. I'll hva to decide on it before the week is over.
    Chair for your desk? Looks mighty uncomfortable. Must be expensive seeing that its under lock & key [​IMG]
    Nah, it's $100, as I said above - it's in a junk shop. The chair is fairly comfortable, I'm just not sure if I like the style, or rather, if it has enough style.

4. Lucky Strike

Sofa and barstools came back from reupholstering: [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Renault78law

Renault78law Senior member

Sofa looks perfect there. I like the color, mine is the same.

6. Toiletduck

Toiletduck Senior member

nice. Is there going to be a coffee table?

7. Lucky Strike

Yep, this one - I'm picking it up tomorrow, but I'll have to change to the black glass table top, which has a crack. [​IMG]

8. Toiletduck

Toiletduck Senior member

ooo sweet...whats going to be the coffee table book

9. neirvy

neirvy Member

Verily, it is a beautiful place -- love the pine floors. In terms of the fundamentals, it has all of the appreciable qualities one could want in an apartment. Esp. enjoy the "glow" of the Scandinavian sun in the photos. I'm assuming you took them in the summer? I lived in an apartment in Sweden for two years (Gothenburg), and it was so enjoyable to have "soft sun" constantly flood your place -- I really miss that.

10. Lucky Strike

ooo sweet...whats going to be the coffee table book
    Here: [​IMG]

11. Toiletduck

Toiletduck Senior member

How goes the apartment!

12. Lucky Strike

How goes the apartment!
    Dang, I haven't really checked in here too often lately, so missed this; well, it's coming along, we're still waiting for almost all the pictures to come back from the framers'; and there's a bit of work left with some minor stuff like cupboards, door handles, some lighting, etc. A few pics of the bits that are fit to be shown: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Also, I've nearly finished the table from this thread. There a double glass top, with ~ half an inch of height between the two. The bottom layer, with the sandblasted underside, will be painted in a matching colour to the paint, maybe somewhat darker. I'll use it as a display case for watches etc: [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. Toiletduck

Toiletduck Senior member

awesome pieces! your place should be well cosy after you're all done... your liquor cabinet does look a bit lonely though!

14. Tangerz

Tangerz Active Member

Liquor cabinet is too mirrory for my tastes, considering the other furniture - like the corner sofa has a bit of a chrome and the triple light ceiling lamp also has a bit of chrome.

Maybe they are in different rooms, in which case my comment should be thrown out of the window [​IMG]

15. The Snob

The Snob Senior member

Oh gosh I love that glass top table. Also, the stove and the floors are beautiful. I've definitely got "antique stove" under my list of things to buy. All in all, great pieces!

Did you decide on walls yet? I've always been a fan of the neutral-green/mint hued tones.