• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Another Levis premium denim question

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

drake

Reaction score
The first one looks really nice.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My pair of rigid skinners measure 9" across the leg opening.

And size up from what you usually wear on these skinners, they fit true to size (the Premium line at least, not sure of the new Capital E line that replaces the Premium), meaning a 30 waist is actually 30".

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sonick
My pair of rigid skinners measure 9" across the leg opening. And size up from what you usually wear on these skinners, they fit true to size (the Premium line at least, not sure of the new Capital E line that replaces the Premium), meaning a 30 waist is actually 30".
Is there any real difference between the Cap E and old Prem besides the washes and the leather patch? I actually like the patch/pockets on the older premium one I pictured in the OP better, and I like stiff, heavy denim, esp. for a dressier jean. I am not sure if I would buy a 32 or 33, then in these, given what you say. I have heard that PDC does the same thing, where the measurement in the waist is the actual measure. I wear a 32 in my LTDs, so I think I'll give that a try, unless someone who wears both advises against it before midnight, lol. Also, how big is the bootcut? I don't want those big-ass flares, are they like that, or more like the Nudie Ralf, which is pretty straight?

BigSur

Reaction score
I would just get true to size or even size down one. My waist is 34 and the best size for me is 33. Everything on my 33s and 34s measure exactly the same except for the waist--which usually measures true to size or one size up;one size up in most cases, and stretches an inch within a day or two. if you size up they are too loose in the thigh and don't look right imo. Mine are not even what you would call snug, just a nice slim fit.

Also, it seems that the sizes are inconsistent between washes but all individual washes are pretty uniform to themselves (hope that makes sense) That being said, I don't know if this is the case with all Skinner coveted--the 2nd one you posted, but mine fit huge. They are a 34x30 and actually measure 35.5 x 32 and thats only when I wash them frequently, otherwise they stretch to just a tad over 36. I did get what I believe was the first batch; they revamped them with fish pattern pocket lining and more detail in the wear behind the knees. I don't know if they changed the fit with the added details.

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone for the replies. I think if I get a pair, it will be the first ones. I was very bummed today when the Rag and Bones I got didn't fit the way I liked, as I loved the plain dark indigo color and very stiff denim. I want something that will dress up really nicely without looking like a jackass in relaxed, distressed 7s, etc. I think those will fit the bill. Still wondering what the bootcut is like, and whether these will be really really skinny, or just slim. (The last slim jeans I had were Diesel Zathans which were too tight in the leg). The only store near me that might have them (or similar) is Urban, so maybe I'll just go try some tomorrow.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are the first pair the rigid/raw ones, or are they just plain blue?

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sonick
Are the first pair the rigid/raw ones, or are they just plain blue?

They aren't raw. It says in the description that it's a "rich inky indigo" and that it has a feel "close to raw denim." I am guessing that they are relatively untreated, but are not exactly what a purist would call raw/dry denim.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ask, coz the Levis Skinner did come in raw/rigid denim, which may be of interest to you.

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today I went to an Urban Outfitters and tried a pair of the Capital E Skinners. Not a particularly good fit. They were a little low for me, and the bootcut was pretty big. I tried on some of the really soft "vintage" ones, so I'm not sure what difference buying stiffer ones would make.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads