• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Another Korean Bespoke Suit Fitting

Loathing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting you should say that about SR. I've been bumping into the guy who manages (and owns?) HP quite frequently at social occasions recently, and I have to say the way he dresses in abominable. Considering the global prestige of the House, the sight of him has had me turning in my sleep for months.

In addition to that, a friend of mine had a suit made up by Norton & Sons not too long ago. He was drawn there by the personality of Patrick Grant and the overall branding of the House (traditional yet open minded, their love for English cloth, their links to the fashion world, &c.) and he was really disappointed with the result. I don't think the suit they made him looks bad, but the armholes were lowish and the overall body was a bit flaccid. Certainly disappointing for £3.5k-ish.

I've also seen recent examples of G&H, and they're pretty crap (I know they're Chinese-owned now).
And I've seen a suit made recently by Kilgour [French & Stanbury], and it pales in comparison to the KF&S suits my grandfather had made 30-40 years ago.

I'm too young to go bespoke yet, but I've been planning my first few bespoke suits recently and Savile Row is looking less and less appealing. I know that A&S, HH, Dege, and Steed still (generally) get very good press, but I'm leaning more and more towards Italian tailors. And I'm a born & raised Londoner/Home Countier.

@topic
I've been very impressed with Korean tailoring and style recently - at least with the images floating around the blogosphere. Your suit looks like its going come out brimming with Italian panache. Very nice.

Last edited:

add911_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Agreed 100%

I had experience with them before as a non-client basic, there are few reasons I believed that why their work had been declined.

1. Less people appreciate the time and accuracy to make a garment, in the real world there are plenty of people who can afford them one regular basic, but they would prefer world class RTW due to ease of time, that means there are less and less long term client, which brings their sales at very low point, Witt he high rent, they must charge a great premium to get some decent profit.

2. Great heritage brings too much pride, the establishment of more young fashionable tailoring brand (In my arbitrary comment that will be Oz, Cad when they host their day in C&M, CB), high street brand e.g. A&F, the spirit of the old man had been defeated, they are like the soldiers retreating from the war field.

Their target market had dropped, higher price to run business, plus poor skills in advertising, thats the death formula for that street.

p.s. the legal field from the world is still a strong army for SR tailors

Ignore if you disagree, that just my observation

ho1joon

Reaction score
I forgot to post the finished one.

I received and pictured this suit on rainy day. I think drooping of the back is occured by high humidity.

shoulder seam line

sleeve seam

Last edited:

add911_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My one is KRW 1.9M, it's approx. USD1650. and KRW 1.7M(≒USD1450) is the starting prcie of Spolverino, Canonico is in this range.

It is not that expensive, I wonder do they have an actual website? Appointment needed?

AndrewRogers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is very fine work. There is real attention to detail. Thanks for sharing.

sliq

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i'm impressed! looks the goods. congrats on the buy.

rs232

Reaction score
Fantastic thread. Thanks for so many detailed pictures.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads