• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Another ebay find..

High_Roller

Reaction score
Okay, I don't know anything about how authentic the majority of jewellery is on eBay. I found this, anyone know anything about it? Is it real? Fake? Tips? Thank you. I know im posting alot about eBay but im brand new to it and very very cautious. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...item=970516479

Renwick

Reaction score
The excessive use of the G logo in that pattern reminds me of some fake gucci stuff I saw in Chicago, although I'm not sure because I've never looked into Gucci jewelry before (except watches).

Joe G

Reaction score
Its authenticity, I would think, is less an issue than its hideosity.

Peace,

JG

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hideosity

You must have some Don Kingisms just bursting to get out. Seriously, though, I've seen some extremely fake Gucci worn to good (though extremely ghetto) effect at some clubs and afterclub hangouts. Last weekend, at Jerry's Famous Deli (not that great, rather overpriced, and full of wannabe playas, but everyone else insisted - I'd recommend a few Chinese Cafe's in Monterey Park for late night eats), I saw a Biggie Smalls type wearing a full on fake Gucci canvas track suit. Somehow, it looked pretty cool, in a hustler on the subway style.

pstoller

Reaction score
hideosity
You must have some Don Kingisms just bursting to get out.
Actually, "hideosity" is a real synonym for "hideousness." Jerry's Famous, however, is definitely guilty of some fake deliositude.

davei

Reaction score
It's fake. The diamond GG pattern is only used on handbags. Sort of like the triangle Prada logo - you'll never see it on clothes. Anyone can print up a Gucci tag or sew up a "dust bag".

A general rule of thumb: with designer stuff, most of the time, if it's logo-wear, it's fake. There are exceptions of course, like Versace and Gaultier.

DSKent

Reaction score
A general rule of thumb: with designer stuff, most of the time, if it's logo-wear, it's fake.  There are exceptions of course, like Versace and Gaultier.
I think that's a bad rule. Just look at D&G, Gucci (the belts, for instance), Prada Sport (at least the previous red stripe gear), Vuitton, or the female Dior stuff. They plaster their logos all over items other than handbags, although much less now than in previous seasons.

Joe G

Reaction score
It's fake.  The diamond GG pattern is only used on handbags.  
That's not quite true. I've got a tie with that pattern on it. And I bought it at the second-best men's store in Vienna, so chances of it being a fake are essentially nil.

Why a Gucci logo tie? Well, I liked the colours. Also, I was plesantly surprised at the quality of the silk and construction. Truth be told, I've only worn it once thus far, though, so it wasn't a particularly good deal.

Regardless, that's one ugly bracelet.

Peace,

JG

davei

Reaction score
A general rule of thumb: with designer stuff, most of the time, if it's logo-wear, it's fake. Â There are exceptions of course, like Versace and Gaultier.
I think that's a bad rule. Â Just look at D&G, Gucci (the belts, for instance), Prada Sport (at least the previous red stripe gear), Vuitton, or the female Dior stuff. Â They plaster their logos all over items other than handbags, although much less now than in previous seasons.
Point taken with D&G/etc., however in general by "logo-wear" I mean items with a large logo plastered across the front, like a Nike sweatshirt. The red Prada stripe may be no less obvious, but any piece of clothing with a big "GUCCI" or "PRADA" across the front is bound to be fake. Since this is a Men's Clothing forum, I cheerfully disregarded the female Dior stuff
smile.gif
It falls under my idea of logo-wear, but at least authentic pieces are cut to the point where the logo is mostly uninteresting. :O

davei

Reaction score
It's fake. Â The diamond GG pattern is only used on handbags. Â
That's not quite true. I've got a tie with that pattern on it. And I bought it at the second-best men's store in Vienna, so chances of it being a fake are essentially nil. Why a Gucci logo tie? Well, I liked the colours. Also, I was plesantly surprised at the quality of the silk and construction. Truth be told, I've only worn it once thus far, though, so it wasn't a particularly good deal. Regardless, that's one ugly bracelet. Peace, JG
I stand corrected. I should have said "items made of cloth"
smile.gif
Frankly, it's tough to take that pattern seriously these days (well, at least in my part of North America.) The fact that Gucci (authentic Gucci) has become so bland and ubiquitous doesn't help either. Oh, and I agree, the bracelet is hideous
smile.gif

davei

Reaction score
I forgot to mention in my other posts: if you want to get a taste of Gucci's current jewelry designs, there's a small sampling on their website, www.gucci.com. It's current season only though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads