• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Announcement - The forum is moving

tattersall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am a billionaire steel tycoon. BTW, the original j has been gone for a while. I, Mittal, have bought and taken his place. Bow before me.
Liar. I am Mittal...

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Now l'm starting to worry. l've been kicked off the forum twice (by computer error) now in the last 3 months. Now this will be a 3rd time. l hope l can log in right.
I'm not sure it was because of "˜computer error'...
tounge.gif
Jon.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Progress report: Dave (linux_pro) has been working very hard getting a dump of the current forum database (this one) imported into the new forum and we now have all the users and all the posts (as of a few days ago - this is a trial run). We have a few more things to iron out but we should be on track to switch over to the new system on Sunday. I think you guys are really going to like it. I know I do - the admin interface is night and day compared to this one's.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Update: we are getting close to the final conversion. Issues right now:

1. PMs. We may or may not be able to save/convert the private messages that users have in their mailboxes. Please back up, copy & paste into a text file, or print any Private Messages you wish to save. It's looking promising, but just in case, save any that you don't want to lose.

2. Passwords. The passwords in the Ikonboard database are one-way hashed (encrypted) and are not readable by the new forum software. Thus, we will have to reset all the passwords. Dave is working on a way to auto-generate new passwords and send them to the registered email address of each user on the board. This way, users won't have to deal with resetting it themselves.

However, some users may have lost access to the account they used to sign up. For example, an old Hotmail or similar account may have been used that has since gone inactive/expired. Anyone with this issue would do best to change their registered email address on the board before the move to avoid the problem. That can be done through "Your Control Panel".

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads