• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anna Matuozzo - A walk-through of my bespoke shirt purchase in Napoli.

sangiuseppe

Reaction score

Because they are the very best shirts, and both super to deal with, actually I've ordered 2 from Finollo and another 1 from Anna for January on top of the 4 I've bought from Anna this year!

Quality over quantity.

My total shirts then will be sufficient to see me through until 2015!:)

How did you get to this conclusion?

Hirsh

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

I think it would be good. You could start the thread now to talk about the ordering process, fitting, fabric choice, details chosen etc...

what about some pictures of your current AM shirts?

To shy to post pics yet!

Just wish I still had the first 2 Anna shirts from 2011 which I sadly wore out :(

It'll be a long time before I throw out one of her shirts again!

Hirsh

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

How did you get to this conclusion?

I've spent a fortune on bespoke and ready to wear shirts, and if I rotate a dozen shirts for a year I can replace any worn ones in 2015.

I'd like a bespoke Hunstman jacket in 2015, which will cost thousands, and I have other bills of course: I can't spend all of my money on shirts!:)

sangiuseppe

Reaction score
I was asking why you came to the conclusion that Finollo is the best shirtmaker. From what I have read, they are no longer as good as they were years ago, but they are definitely amongst the most expensive ones out there.
How much did you pay for your shirt?

Hirsh

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

I was asking why you came to the conclusion that Finollo is the best shirtmaker. From what I have read, they are no longer as good as they were years ago, but they are definitely amongst the most expensive ones out there.
How much did you pay for your shirt?

I haven't paid yet!

They couldn't make my first shirt before Christmas so we agreed that I would have 2 shirts in January 2014:

1 Carlo Riva light blue Popeline Super Oxford

1 DJA 240/3 blue Popeline

It will be an expensive month as I have Anna's last ordered shirt to pay for too!
Plus a deposit to Huntsman!
Then I'm locking up my credit cards until February!

sangiuseppe

Reaction score
You should really start a tread on Finolllo now, as marcodalondra has suggested, for we can ask you about your experience without derailing this tread.

AmericanGent

Reaction score
I travel up to Rome every few months, so I'd be glad to read a thread about Finollo!

Hirsh

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

You should really start a tread on Finolllo now, as marcodalondra has suggested, for we can ask you about your experience without derailing this tread.

Ok, I promise in January I'll start a thread about Finollo!
If they're as good as their reputation I might even order 3(another 1!)

Then definitely no more shirts as I've commissioned a bespoke jacket from Huntsman for next year in a lovely shade of blue, which will be the star of my wardrobe although it'll take all year to make and pay for, as I'm not well enough to go for regular fittings.

Anna's next 2 shirts should arrive today or Monday at the latest - I can't wait!

She's also ordered enough shirting for my shirts for next year!

I think next year will be another expensive year!:D

Hirsh

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Because they are the very best shirts, and both super to deal with, actually I've ordered 2 from Finollo and another 1 from Anna for January on top of the 4 I've bought from Anna this year!

Quality over quantity.

Quality over quantity.

Oh dear ,

I've changed my order!!!!!

Finollo are very expensive and hardly speak a word of English!

As I can't afford huge mistakes I changed my order to one Finollo.

But as Anna has now perfected my pattern I've ordered more shirts from her (another 5) !!!, for 2014

Half of my entire wardrobe will be shirts!!!

And I still have to save for my Hunstman jacket!

Luckily you only live once, I couldn't afford to buy this lot again!,,,,

I bought 4 RTW shirts from Jemyn. street but it's not the same:)

marcodalondra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Oh dear ,

I've changed my order!!!!!

Finollo are very expensive and hardly speak a word of English!

As I can't afford huge mistakes I changed my order to one Finollo.

But as Anna has now perfected my pattern I've ordered more shirts from her (another 5) !!!, for 2014

Half of my entire wardrobe will be shirts!!!

And I still have to save for my Hunstman jacket!

Luckily you only live once, I couldn't afford to buy this lot again!,,,,

I bought 4 RTW shirts from Jemyn. street but it's not the same:)

May I suggest a reality check? reading your other posts you seam to order TM Lewin and then Bespoke AM or Finollo, and then considering them best in the world (at €400 for an AM shirt and €650 for Finollo I guess). Finollo co-owner and part manager has recently passed away (the guy that used to serve the Duke, Gianni Agnelli, Onasis etc) and I guess the people left may not be so fluent in English (wife and daughter as I understand). They are often criticised for charging €650 for a bespoke shirt with machine made buttonholes...
Again you get better shirt (much better then your TM Lewin, which I would not define as Jermyn Street shirt by the way as they are made in the far east with industrial double stitching and cheap fabrics/interlinings) and at the same level then AM for at least 30% less by many makers in Naples.

Hirsh

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

May I suggest a reality check? reading your other posts you seam to order TM Lewin and then Bespoke AM or Finollo, and then considering them best in the world (at €400 for an AM shirt and €650 for Finollo I guess). Finollo co-owner and part manager has recently passed away (the guy that used to serve the Duke, Gianni Agnelli, Onasis etc) and I guess the people left may not be so fluent in English (wife and daughter as I understand). They are often criticised for charging €650 for a bespoke shirt with machine made buttonholes...
Again you get better shirt (much better then your TM Lewin, which I would not define as Jermyn Street shirt by the way as they are made in the far east with industrial double stitching and cheap fabrics/interlinings) and at the same level then AM for at least 30% less by many makers in Naples.

I agree TMLewin are rubbish - they're just my fill in shirts

Thanks for the info regarding Finolllo, it explains a Lott

They're copying a shirt of mine (changed order fromm2!). And don't have high hopes. Having read your post :(
Sounds like I've made an expensive mistake

Regarding Anna, I go fully bespoke/hand sewn and her shirts are perfect!!!!!

I'll
Find out about Finolllo in January, but it's now just a one off but Anna is here to stay:)

Dib

Reaction score

I agree TMLewin are rubbish - they're just my fill in shirts

Thanks for the info regarding Finolllo, it explains a Lott

They're copying a shirt of mine (changed order fromm2!). And don't have high hopes. Having read your post :(
Sounds like I've made an expensive mistake

Regarding Anna, I go fully bespoke/hand sewn and her shirts are perfect!!!!!

I'll
Find out about Finolllo in January, but it's now just a one off but Anna is here to stay:)

Hirsh, any chance you could post a fit pic of your AM shirts? Am curious to see how well they fit given your positive experience.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads