• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ann Demeulemeester

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh, and I just picked these up from the same sale:
20171218_Product_shoe_Shoes_FINAL_13.jpg

https://www.mohawkgeneralstore.com/...osciato-ingrassato-high-top-sneaker-in-macron
$225 shipped. I mean, that's about $50 more than high end Nikes or Reeboks. so...

I fell in love with that color the first time I saw Ann D high tops, but they were in women's sizes only. I eventually got them for my wife. But now, they come, and not only in that color, but in that basket ball sneaker shape that I love and that remind me of say, Nike Vandals, but with those stitched leather "walls" that are sorta the defining detail of Ann D sneakers.

Enexde96

Reaction score
@LA Guy I picked those up in black last season. The inside padding is very soft and comfortable; reminds me of an old pair of Acne hi tops I had. I agree that the women's line got all the cool colors. The royal blue pair was sweet.

I still prefer the slimmer models though and actually picked up those off-white low tops from mohawk general store from the sale too. This makes 14 pairs of Ann sneakers now? I may have a problem but... who cares. No other sneakers appeal to me.

In other news I bought this shirt from totokaelo earlier this week and it's awesome. I'll probably be wearing it all fall.
https://totokaelo.com/mens/designers/ann-demeulemeester/oreste-tunic-shirt

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@LA Guy I picked those up in black last season. The inside padding is very soft and comfortable; reminds me of an old pair of Acne hi tops I had. I agree that the women's line got all the cool colors. The royal blue pair was sweet.

I still prefer the slimmer models though and actually picked up those off-white low tops from mohawk general store from the sale too. This makes 14 pairs of Ann sneakers now? I may have a problem but... who cares. No other sneakers appeal to me.

In other news I bought this shirt from totokaelo earlier this week and it's awesome. I'll probably be wearing it all fall.
https://totokaelo.com/mens/designers/ann-demeulemeester/oreste-tunic-shirt

Yeah, I have both the high and low top "latte" ones. I wear the lows a lot more, especially in the summer. I like with the height and the look of these. My wife has a few pairs of Ann D's more than me, and yeah, the women get the more interesting patterns and colors. She has the black flower embroidered ones, for example, which were awesome, and then the macron ones, and also the black overpainted white with red laces ones.

I like a lot of other sneakers as well, and they span the gamut from Golden Goose to Nonnative to Visvim, and I also probably have way more pairs than any one needs in a lifetime.

Enexde96

Reaction score
Yeah, I have both the high and low top "latte" ones. I wear the lows a lot more, especially in the summer. I like with the height and the look of these. My wife has a few pairs of Ann D's more than me, and yeah, the women get the more interesting patterns and colors. She has the black flower embroidered ones, for example, which were awesome, and then the macron ones, and also the black overpainted white with red laces ones.

I like a lot of other sneakers as well, and they span the gamut from Golden Goose to Nonnative to Visvim, and I also probably have way more pairs than any one needs in a lifetime.

Yes I really love my lows in the summer as well because of the versatility. My dirty suede mid tops get worn very frequently in the warmer months too, especially with jeans. Still though I love the hi tops the most since that's where my initial interest in Ann sneakers comes from. I know the label has to evolve and move on, but honestly I just wish Meunier would dip into the archives and bring back the tall hi tops with removable straps. Can't find anything else with that unique sneaker-boot look and any other alternative is far too bulky.

I feel like we must have similar taste in sneakers in general though. The few other models I've had interest in have included those from Golden Goose and Visvim. Do you own any pairs of Skagways and would you recommend them?

Roygbivuxg

Reaction score
Glad there are others on here that like GGDB sneakers :tongue: The only thing really stopping me from grabbing a pair of ann d lows in the past was the sizing..the ones on mohawk are perfect and the price is oh so tempting. @LA Guy the sizing you mentioned doesn't seem to match up at all with the relative sizes I take across brands, our feet must be shaped pretty differently. For reference I take:
CP original achilles low/mid/high = 42
CP bballs (2009-current) = 42
MMM gats = 42.5
Rick geos/ramones/boats (non-sock models) = 42
GGDB Slide = 43
GGDB Starter = 42
Non-boost sole Y-3 = 42.5

Seems you're comfortable 0.5 sizes down from your MMM gats size but up a whole size from CP, that just doesn't seem to correlate for me. Anyone else @Enexde96 able to help out here?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad there are others on here that like GGDB sneakers :tongue: The only thing really stopping me from grabbing a pair of ann d lows in the past was the sizing..the ones on mohawk are perfect and the price is oh so tempting. @LA Guy the sizing you mentioned doesn't seem to match up at all with the relative sizes I take across brands, our feet must be shaped pretty differently. For reference I take:
CP original achilles low/mid/high = 42
CP bballs (2009-current) = 42
MMM gats = 42.5
Rick geos/ramones/boats (non-sock models) = 42
GGDB Slide = 43
GGDB Starter = 42
Non-boost sole Y-3 = 42.5

Seems you're comfortable 0.5 sizes down from your MMM gats size but up a whole size from CP, that just doesn't seem to correlate for me. Anyone else @Enexde96 able to help out here?
Yeah, if anything, I would take a half size up in Margiela Gats. If this means anything to you, my Anns are done by of the only sneakers to fit me comfortably with a broken pinkie toe. They are much wider than either Common Projects or GATs.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes I really love my lows in the summer as well because of the versatility. My dirty suede mid tops get worn very frequently in the warmer months too, especially with jeans. Still though I love the hi tops the most since that's where my initial interest in Ann sneakers comes from. I know the label has to evolve and move on, but honestly I just wish Meunier would dip into the archives and bring back the tall hi tops with removable straps. Can't find anything else with that unique sneaker-boot look and any other alternative is far too bulky.

I feel like we must have similar taste in sneakers in general though. The few other models I've had interest in have included those from Golden Goose and Visvim. Do you own any pairs of Skagways and would you recommend them?
I have those removable strap black to khaki ones, but seem to have misplaced my straps.

Enexde96

Reaction score
@Roygbivuxg I don't really own much from any of those other brands to reference from besides Rick Owens. I would go with 42 though. As mentioned they are forgiving in the forefoot similar to Rick in my opinion.

@LA Guy That's a shame, but even so I think they look great without the straps and I'm familiar with those black to khaki ones they are awesome. I contacted Ann Demuelemeester once through their customer service once about getting some of my own lost straps replaced and they never got back to me :(. Thankfully I have a few strapped pairs and can use the ones I still have interchangeably.

Roygbivuxg

Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys, sounds like 42 should be ok

edit: so it looks like the 42 got bought up between the time I asked my question and checked back...guess the internet made my decision for me :(

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys, sounds like 42 should be ok

edit: so it looks like the 42 got bought up between the time I asked my question and checked back...guess the internet made my decision for me :(
I ordered a 42 from Mohawk on Thursday. I have not received them yet. I can let you know if they don’t work out.

Roygbivuxg

Reaction score
So I was able to pick up a pair of the Ann D scamosciatos from Mohawk on final sale for a good price. Just got them in and well they look awful...toecaps are completely differently color (Left is body color while Right is whitish with a blue tint), L toecap suede is very scuffed, and there's orange ?glue seeping out of seams everywhere. I don't remember seeing such bad examples in stores although it's been a few years...if these are factory seconds they certainly weren't labeled as such. Anyone have a similar experience with Ann D QC?

So not sure what I should do from here...is there a way to clean up the glue? The toecap issue looks unfixable...these were final sale but this pair looks so glaringly defective I would not have bought them if I knew this to be the case.
IMG_0232.jpg
IMG_0233.jpg
IMG_0234.jpg
IMG_0235.jpg

Enexde96

Reaction score
@Roygbivuxg I've had issues with discolored toe caps on a pair I've bought before, but I thought it was minor enough to ignore. The orange stuff is new though.

You could try gently cleaning it off it might work, but if you don't think it's worth it just return them. Theres no way they should deny a return for that condition despite being final sale

Roygbivuxg

Reaction score
Thanks I just emailed them for a return, hope it's painless. I'm not even gonna attempt to clean off the orange stuff in case they get even more messed up. One of the toe caps seems to have been cut from the wrong color leather during construction - the right one is the same color as the strips at the heels while the left one is body colored. I would've been OK with either as long as they matched and was a little less beat. Didn't upload pics of the soles but they were also pretty dirty. Hope they take the return and note the condition properly in the listing or sell as-is in-store so other folks won't be misled. It's a shame they were pretty comfy.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads