• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ann Demeulemeester

cjl2g

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chroMe
Maybe due for a day visit as I also want to check out walter beirendonck's shop too. It can be a Belgique designer pilgrimage.

except wbv and ann have completely different aesthetics...

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i really want to see wvb in real life. i dunno how anybody can pull it off. or even why they would buy in the first place.

chroMe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cjl2g
except wbv and ann have completely different aesthetics...

My style vascillates quite differently and crosses genres. Anyways, the Six all use to study, muse together before venturing off to their own empires. Annie on drums, Walter on bass, Van Noten on triangle, Birkemburg on keys, and rest were backups.

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by indesertum
i really want to see wvb in real life. i dunno how anybody can pull it off. or even why they would buy in the first place.
i feel like van beirendonck would go over really well with the hypebeast crowd
tongue.gif

chroMe

Reaction score
This season's scarves are quite wearable - when I walk by this sailing shop in covent garden and see the ropes, I think of him.

svelten

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chroMe
My style vascillates quite differently and crosses genres. Anyways, the Six all use to study, muse together before venturing off to their own empires. Annie on drums, Walter on bass, Van Noten on triangle, Birkemburg on keys, and rest were backups.

and Martin Margiela on guest vocals / session guitar
laugh.gif

fwiw I heard from a friend who went to the Ann D store in antwerp that it's minimalist as heck and barely anything worth purchasing. She thinks she actually saw Ann though... do designers often hang out at their HQ stores?

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by XenoX101
Only complaint I have of her is a slight overuse of black, at least as of late, but that is moreso personal taste than objective criticism.
facepalm.gif
Also I've never seen the Antwerp store, but it looks incredible from photographs.

chroMe

Reaction score
I always try to look out for Vivienne Westwood but do see her cycling from time to time in south london - she's not hard to miss. Let's hope she treats her employees to a better xmas party this year as my friend said it was pants last year.

I think we are going to amsterdam for nye so will do a little flemish tour - will take covert photos and report back.

TheFusilliJerry

Reaction score
never understood this sort of style, or the people of sz who wear nothing but it every single day.

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Magician
facepalm.gif
Also I've never seen the Antwerp store, but it looks incredible from photographs.

Try to find a non-black jacket of hers, not an easy task, I'm allowed to have an opinion aren't I? (Don't answer that)

Brian SD

Reaction score
The Seoul AnnD store is a nice work of architecture as well.
ann_demeulemeester_shop_seoul_05.jpg

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
this is like complaining gucci is too slim
Mentioning Gucci in Ann D thread should be grounds for permaban. (0)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads