• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Angry Delivery Man Blogs on Cheap Tippers

kwiteaboy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dashaansafin
Jesus christ you tip your ******* barista?

Do you tip bartenders?

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stazy
And your point? If he can't deliver pizzas why the **** would they keep him?

obvious isn't it? wages and conditions for pizza delivery are not good therefore I'm willing to cut the guy a little slack - although I wouldn't publish people's details

CouttsClient

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwiteaboy
Do you tip bartenders?
Do you tip the fast food workers? The gas station attendant? Where does it end?

kwiteaboy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CouttsClient
Do you tip the fast food workers? The gas station attendant? Where does it end?

Making good coffee is a lot more like bartending than fast food or pumping gas. If a bartender deserves a tip, why not a barista?

CouttsClient

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Making good coffee is a lot more like bartending than fast food or pumping gas. If a bartender deserves a tip, why not a barista?
Building a career around tending a bar and developing a repertoire of cocktails and building one around making and pouring various coffee drinks seems quite a bit different to me. Tipping $1-$2 per $10+ drink seems fine. Tipping someone who pours a $2 cup of coffee $1 is ridiculous

kwiteaboy

Reaction score
Building a career around tending a bar and developing a repertoire of cocktails and building one around making and pouring various coffee drinks seems quite a bit different to me.

Tipping $1-$2 per $10+ drink seems fine. Tipping someone who pours a $2 cup of coffee $1 is ridiculous

I'm not talking about pouring a $2 drip, though if you tip when a bartender pours a beer I'm not sure what the difference is. Making good espresso (i.e., not from Starbucks), or a pourover, involves just as much skill as mixing a cocktail.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

Bartenders are the kings of the prolatariat, always have been, always will be. Baristas are the joke of the overly educated with a useless degree. Big difference.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
Bartenders are the kings of the prolatariat, always have been, always will be. Baristas are the joke of the overly educated with a useless degree. Big difference.

Starbucks has full-time benefits...how many bartenders are on a corporate insurance plan?

noel_esq.

Reaction score
Bartenders are usually working at a faster pace and their job is more hectic than a barista.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by noel_esq.
Bartenders are usually working at a faster pace and their job is more hectic than a barista.

Maybe. Bartenders are crazy busy on weekend nights from 9 til 4. Baristas are crazy busy weekday mornings from 6 til 10.

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
I was about to post that bartenders deal with much worse people than coffee-servers do, but the more I think about it, the less I'm sure. Bartending is a hell of a lot tougher on the body though.

CouttsClient

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan
I was about to post that bartenders deal with much worse people than coffee-servers do, but the more I think about it, the less I'm sure. Bartending is a hell of a lot tougher on the body though.
My experience is that the person making the coffee only needs to deal with a customer for a few minutes. Bartenders on the other hand...

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This is pretty funny + sad:
tumblr_lkxtuxJYEj1qijhi3o1_500.jpg

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan

My experience is that the person making the coffee only needs to deal with a customer for a few minutes. Bartenders on the other hand...

Yeah, that was my thinking as well. You get someone who wants to talk about whatever, and you have to listen. Plus, at the end of the night, who's good to drive, and who isn't?

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The whole point of tipping bartenders is to get better service on subsequent drink orders.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads