• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Angry Delivery Man Blogs on Cheap Tippers

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
my nearest and dearest was delivering pizzas. slipped on a wet front step at night holding the bag and dislocated his shoulder. His shoulder is permanently disabled .. it dislocates with any exertion - surfing, rock climbing, football which he loved.
And the pizza place sacked him for being unable to work.
just sayin ..

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dashaansafin
Only in America do you have the stupid custom of tipping...

+1 gajillazillachillion.

What the **** is with expecting a tip. Tipping is suppose to be for people who did exceptional service, not an entitlement after doing a half-assed job.

Tip when my experience is better than I expected, just the agreed upon price when its up to scratch, and if you do a subpar job I want my money back.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pliny
my nearest and dearest was delivering pizzas. slipped on a wet front step at night holding the bag and dislocated his shoulder. His shoulder is permanently disabled .. it dislocates with any exertion - surfing, rock climbing, football which he loved.
And the pizza place sacked him for being unable to work.
just sayin ..

And your point? If he can't deliver pizzas why the **** would they keep him?

CouttsClient

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stazy
And your point? If he can't deliver pizzas why the **** would they keep him?
biggrin.gif
Also
lol8[1].gif
at the idea of regularly tipping someone who makes coffee $1.

jimmyfingers

Reaction score
Delivery driving is a bad gig. I got paid 10/hr + tips at a pizza place. I also had to use my own car and gas. I quit after a month. Tips were pretty weak, but I did not expect much on 25 dollars of pizza. 1-3 dollars was the norm. I have no idea why anyone would want to do this.

The best tips I have made was working as a bag boy at Publix and taking customers groceries out to the car. Publix made me wear a 'no tipping' badge as well. I got paid 8/hr plus 20-60 dollars a night in tips. People really seemed to appreciate this service since no other grocery stores around me at that time did it. No driving around beating up my car and getting lost either.

The guy that started this blog is an idiot. He better watch his back. I know a few people that would break his legs for posting their families info on the web like that.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jimmyfingers
Delivery driving is a bad gig. I got paid 10/hr + tips at a pizza place. I also had to use my own car and gas. I quit after a month. Tips were pretty weak, but I did not expect much on 25 dollars of pizza. 1-3 dollars was the norm. I have no idea why anyone would want to do this.
A delivery driver making $10 per plus tips is a ******* baller. That's a lot of cash for a delivery guy.

CouttsClient

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
A delivery driver making $10 per plus tips is a ******* baller. That's a lot of cash for a delivery guy.
I see signs in the DC area advertising $15+ per hour but I don't know what the breakdown of that is

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CouttsClient
I see signs in the DC area advertising $15+ per hour but I don't know what the breakdown of that is

******* hell. I'll be making $10 per hour and that's as a "professional" working with a "degree."
I should just go to DC. I have always liked it.

CouttsClient

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
******* hell. I'll be making $10 per hour and that's as a "professional" working with a "degree."
I should just go to DC. I have always liked it.

What? I dated someone who was 19, still in college who worked as a retail bank employee at a branch opening accounts who was making $22 per hour/full time+ What on earth kind of work are you doing?

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
What?

I dated someone who was 19, still in college who worked as a retail bank employee at a branch opening accounts who was making $22 per hour/full time+

What on earth kind of work are you doing?

I'm a chef after goign to culinary school.

CouttsClient

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm a chef after goign to culinary school.
Ok I understand now. Not sure how you're making it on that salary but I certainly hope you love what you're doing

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Ok I understand now. Not sure how you're making it on that salary but I certainly hope you love what you're doing

Thanks. I keep going back and forth between cooking and being in the wine industry. Either way, it's about the same--- you work your ass off, love what you do, and decide which bills to pay this month and which to pay next month.
laugh.gif

CouttsClient

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I keep going back and forth between cooking and being in the wine industry. Either way, it's about the same--- you work your ass off, love what you do, and decide which bills to pay this month and which to pay next month.
laugh.gif

I've been there and know all about it. It does get better. Much better if you work at it. Lots of luck to you
biggrin.gif

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ug I hate this overtipping business too. If I'm ordering at a counter, you don't get a tip, unless it's from a bartender. Then it's a dollar a drink if I'm just ordering a drink and walking around talking to other people or dancing.

If I order from Jimmy John's and the order is like 7 bucks, I'm not giving more than a dollar tip (I'm 2 blocks away and can get caught up in work at home, or I can be just plain lazy). I always get a thank you from the delivery boy/girl for the dollar.

I liked Japan. Nearly all of the restaurants I went to had wait staff that were much better than the average waiter in the US. And they didn't get any tips. Gratuity was built into the prices of the items.

Still, at my favorite bars, I tip around 20%+ most of the time when I'm sitting at the bar. The bartenders like me and give me free drinks rather frequently. I also tip waiters well if they do a good job or if I frequent the restaurant. If they're a pain in the butt then I tip less, but usually still 15%. I once had a terrible experience at a restaurant and my tip was a note on the receipt explaining why I didn't give money. It was kind of a prick thing to do, but it was really freaking bad service.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads