• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think there's a thread dedicated to Anglo-Italian yet, so I figured I'd start one.

Jake and Alex's new shop in Marylebone in London is an absolute gem of a little shop. When my wife and I were in London in 2017, we had only one day to do anything, so we each picked 2 things to do. I chose Drake's and Anglo Italian to visit. Alex took the time to chit chat with me, let me try a bunch of stuff one, etc. Jake was helping another customer but would call out "that looks great!" when I had something on. Both were truly gentlemen, and I greatly appreciated their attitudes as not just shop keepers but being the founders.

Probably the first thing I'll pick up from them will be one of their long sleeve polos or a dress shirt. Both hit the perfect notes, to me (the collar shapes on the dress shirts are an ideal spread shape with a tall collar band).

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh here are a couple of pics from when we visited.

IMG_5741.jpg
IMG_5725.jpg

CmonArsenal

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with Anglo Italian's denim? I wear a 32/30 in Levi's and was curious if I should stick with the same sizing even with Anglo's sitting a bit higher on the waist.

Love the collar roll on their button-down oxfords as well. Thanks for starting this thread!

pleatedjeans

Reaction score
Good dudes who stand by their product and customer service

*also they make some damn good product

Thomson

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with Anglo Italian's denim? I wear a 32/30 in Levi's and was curious if I should stick with the same sizing even with Anglo's sitting a bit higher on the waist.

Love the collar roll on their button-down oxfords as well. Thanks for starting this thread!
I can’t compare with Levi’s but I wear a 32 in Polo RL chinos and a 32 in the AI jeans has worked for me. It depends on your individual physique though, I would have thought.

ezev

Reaction score
Picked up the long sleeve polo in navy. Love the button down collar and the fit is great on me as it’s not baggy in the waist on me. I’ll be stopping by the store next weekend to hopefully pick up a piece of outerwear.

sargeinaz

Reaction score
Picked up the long sleeve polo in navy. Love the button down collar and the fit is great on me as it’s not baggy in the waist on me. I’ll be stopping by the store next weekend to hopefully pick up a piece of outerwear.

They’re easily my favorite brand. Basically they make exactly what I would make if I had a brand. Everything is wearable, clean and in regular colors any guy would look good in.

Congrats on the pick up. Do you mind sharing your height/weight and what size you went with?

Also, please post some pics of the outerwear cause their stuff is absolutely beautiful!

ezev

Reaction score
They’re easily my favorite brand. Basically they make exactly what I would make if I had a brand. Everything is wearable, clean and in regular colors any guy would look good in.

Congrats on the pick up. Do you mind sharing your height/weight and what size you went with?

Also, please post some pics of the outerwear cause their stuff is absolutely beautiful!

I’m 6’0,180lbs. 42.5” chest, 32” waist. I went with a size L. it is a nice trim fit around my upper body without being too snug.

Will definitely snap pics when I get there. Agree that all of their stuff is wearable. It’s simple and fits easily into most of the stuff I already own.

Nbarbar

Reaction score
Does anyone have any guidance on their shirting sizes? TTS?

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any guidance on their shirting sizes? TTS?
I can't confirm this, but based on my experience, I suspect they're doing English equivalents on shirts cut in cm.
I say this because in most shirt brands, I can often wear either a 16 or a 16.5 neck shirt size, but my neck measures out almost exactly as a size 41 in cm. When I tried their shirts on in October 2017, the 16 fit me perfectly.
Otherwise, the shirts aren't slim at all. I'd say they're similar in fit to Drake's regular fit.

Edit: Just looked at their shop again and it's obvious that's what they're doing, seeing as they have a 15-3/4 size (i.e. a 40).
Anyway, to answer your question, the dress shirts are TTS.
I did not get to try on the polos in letter sizing bc they were out of stock at the time.

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if AI has an archive of their previous styles somewhere? I really enjoy their color palette and fabric choices. I can see some stuff on instagram of course, but was hoping they had their website archived

HotToddy

Reaction score
Anyone know if AI has an archive of their previous styles somewhere? I really enjoy their color palette and fabric choices. I can see some stuff on instagram of course, but was hoping they had their website archived

I don’t think so except maybe looking through the various blog posts about Anglo Italian, like Dieworkwear.

There is too much to see that is not on the Instagram though as they only just had their second year party so it’s not like there is a huge back catalogue.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Are their jeans skinny? Looks slim in the above photos. Looking for a pair that has at least a 19cm leg opening, between 19cm to 20cm. Denim offering is attractive also because it comes in 30" inseam.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads