• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jmewhpg

Reaction score
I made a second order of OCBDs, and once again the shirts are absolutely stunning, but 2 out of 3 have the incorrect sleeve length (again): 67cm instead of 64cm on a 14.5 collar.

I almost asked them to measure before shipping to me, but I thought that would be silly. And yet.

I don't think it's unreasonable, at this price point, to want to have this right?

Perhaps that fabric shrinks more and they've factored this in

The False Prophet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anecdotally, not much shrinkage in the oxfords, which is consistent with my (limited) experience…

Edit: I think this will bother me much less after a few washes to get the starch out. Especially as I'm usually wearing a jacket or knit over my shirts, or otherwise have the sleeves rolled up.

It is still frustrating to have such inconsistency at this kind of price point (whereas say Brooks Bros in fact offer incremental sleeve sizes) but that's part of the charm of Italian-made, right?

P.S. The shirts themselves are truly awesome. I cannot fault them in any way other than the inconsistent measurements. There is much delight to be had in a simple, elegant concept executed well.

Last edited:

sargeinaz

Reaction score
I made a second order of OCBDs, and once again the shirts are absolutely stunning, but 2 out of 3 have the incorrect sleeve length (again): 67cm instead of 64cm on a 14.5 collar.

I almost asked them to measure before shipping to me, but I thought that would be silly. And yet.

I don't think it's unreasonable, at this price point, to want to have this right?

i don’t think it’s unreasonable at all especially at the price point and for not dealing with shipping it back if the measurements are constantly incorrect.

matter of fact, I plan on doing that next time I want to order from them.

The False Prophet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^yes, you’re right, the more I think about it.

Particularly as I’m contemplating getting some tailored clothing from AI, I really do want to be confident that I get what I order…

Edit: Turns out, one sleeve of one shirt is around 1.5 - 2cm longer than the other sleeve of that same shirt. It's definitely going back!

Last edited:

sargeinaz

Reaction score

Particularly as I’m contemplating getting some tailored clothing from AI, I really do want to be confident that I get what I order…

i agree on tailoring it’s even more important than something like the length of jeans or shirt sleeves. Though shirt sleeves being too long is very annoying as well to be honest so yes, I think you should ask them for measurements as well. Im sure they’ll happily take 5 minutes to measure whatever you want. It’ll even save them money if they have to replace it for you If it’s incorrect.

to be honest I only still am contemplating ordering more from them cause I like their clothes so much.

The False Prophet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Edit: Turns out, one sleeve of one shirt is around 1.5 - 2cm longer than the other sleeve of that same shirt. It's definitely going back!

A quick update, the customer service from Andrew and Jake has been superb and this has been sorted painlessly!

nycs10011

Reaction score
Anyone have experience washing the knitted polo in cotton/line? I was thinking a cold wash in a mesh bag would be fine but wanted to see if anyone has any experience first. Thanks!

oldschoolcool

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with the desert boots?

What are your sizing recommendations?
I reached out directly to AI customer service and they recommend going with my C&J size, however I unfortunately dont have access to C&J.

Is it possible that sizing on these are similar to Astorflex?

IUWINS98

Reaction score
Anyone have experience washing the knitted polo in cotton/line? I was thinking a cold wash in a mesh bag would be fine but wanted to see if anyone has any experience first. Thanks!
I've washed the ecru one a number of times at 30 degrees in a mesh bag and had no issues myself

clemente21

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with the desert boots?

What are your sizing recommendations?
I reached out directly to AI customer service and they recommend going with my C&J size, however I unfortunately dont have access to C&J.

Is it possible that sizing on these are similar to Astorflex?

Yeah I have two pairs of the desert boots, and would get same size as Astorflex

clemente21

Reaction score

I did a cold hand wash and then tried on a towel - worked out well

JIMIG

Reaction score
Have anyone tried both AI tailoring and some other forum favorites (such as Spier & Mackay or Cavour)? Can you please say if you picked the same sport coat size across these makers?

mbb355

Reaction score
Have anyone tried both AI tailoring and some other forum favorites (such as Spier & Mackay or Cavour)? Can you please say if you picked the same sport coat size across these makers?
I struggle with this but maybe I'm unique. I'm tall and skinny, with a 37" chest, so I'm between size 36 and 38. Size 36 is usually too short for me, while size 38 can be too big in the chest. These days, I'm more inclined to go for size 38 and take in the waist, which usually has the effect of slimming the chest, too. Spier is great in this regard because 38 Slim is a great off-the-rack fit. I've found Anglo's tailoring to be very inconsistent in its sizing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads