• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

highwayplums

Reaction score
Has anyone tried their new jersey polos? They've flown off the shelves, so i guess they are good.

Jon 1981

Reaction score
Has anyone tried their new jersey polos? They've flown off the shelves, so i guess they are good.
I'll second that...just about to order the navy in a large....none left.
A.I said it will be awhile before they are restocked.
Can anyone lucky enough to have purchased one let me know how they fit. Measurements seemed to be quite generous.

highwayplums

Reaction score
Can anyone lucky enough to have purchased one let me know how they fit. Measurements seemed to be quite generous.
I agree on the sizing looking generous. I’m a size 39 chest, but I worry that a size M (110 cm chest measurement) would be too big. Be interested to hear from anyone that managed to get one

Kelvyno

Reaction score
I'm typically a size L in all AIC tops, and managed to purchase an L in the polo. It fits just a slightly more generously in the body but I really like it - works well with/without tailoring.

The fabric's really nice as well, a nice weight without being overly heavy and the collar stands tall beneath a jacket.

I think the unique thing about it is, its a great casual piece - goes very nicely with shorts, chinos, jeans and just as well with a jacket.

Hope that helps!

Jon 1981

Reaction score
Apologies if this has been covered but how do the desert boots fit, particularly compared to Drake's Crosby Moc-Toe. I'm a bit worried about the low profile.

Cuebert

Reaction score
Does anyone here own the lovely Anglo-Italian Gilet and can comment on it?

Couple of questions I've got:
- As it's quite pricy: is the price reflected in it's quality?
- When do you reach for the Gilet, especially: at what temperatures?
- Do the two rear keeper pockets work well, as the angle is quite unusual (atleast to me)?

Thanks in advance.

clemente21

Reaction score
IMG_7329.JPG

All A-I but the socks

zypcu

Reaction score
Anyone knows who manufactures the suits in italy? thank you in advance!

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just received a tweed sport coat from AI and there is a very strange (to me) detail: The inside of the patch pockets are lined in such a way that only allows one to use the top half of the pocket (half the length of the full pocket veiwed from the outside). In other words, when you stick you hand in the pocket, your hand can only travel half the length, leaving half of the pocket unusable. Why would anyone think this is a good idea? Or perhaps this is a mistake? Very odd...Does anyone else have an AI jacket like this detail?

clemente21

Reaction score
I just received a tweed sport coat from AI and there is a very strange (to me) detail: The inside of the patch pockets are lined in such a way that only allows one to use the top half of the pocket (half the length of the full pocket veiwed from the outside). In other words, when you stick you hand in the pocket, your hand can only travel half the length, leaving half of the pocket unusable. Why would anyone think this is a good idea? Or perhaps this is a mistake? Very odd...Does anyone else have an AI jacket like this detail?
Yeah it's in my tweed too - I asked Jake about it and you're supposed to open it up

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah it's in my tweed too - I asked Jake about it and you're supposed to open it up

That was my first thought, but upon inspecting the stitching of the lining it appears to be an intentional permanent stitch. DId you open yours? Does that mean there should be loose open lining flopping around half of the pocket? This makes no sense...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads