• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sargeinaz

Reaction score
To my eye they look like Astorflex as well. Same design in the heel as drakes. They seem to have a slightly more pointed toe than my drakes ones? Could just be pictures and not real life though. Hard to tell these things online.
They look great though.

sargeinaz

Reaction score
By the way, whoever mentioned it earlier. I think Alex might truly not be with the company anymore. No sign of him on the website. He was very nice the couple times I stopped in the store.

paddymac

Reaction score
yea, hes left. just googled his name and his linkedin page popped out. he updated his profile to say jan 2021 as the end period...
i wonder why he left as he co founded the brand

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's too bad. I really loved meeting Alex when I got to visit the shop. I felt his style, which runs a bit more "city" in SF parlance was a nice counter balance to Jake's more country tendencies, too.
Whatever the reason, I wish him well on whatever he does next.

CorozoButton

Reaction score
Does anyone know how long the collar points are on the AI button down collar? They look pretty big in the pictures.

mbb355

Reaction score
Not to be nosy but I'm very curious about this Alex Pirounis situation. Anyone have any intel? Why would he just up and leave from a fledgling, successful company with so much potential (particularly as the economy recovers and people return to work, socializing, travel, etc.)?? It sure is curious. Anyway, I hope he and everyone else at AI are well.

Shetterd

Reaction score
Has anyone tried buying lengths of the AI Oxford cloth? Am wondering if that's a possibility at all.

EUtroll

Reaction score
Has anyone got any experience with AI's Barchetta Jacket?

I really like the design but fear that the linen mix limits it too much to only the really "summery" months?

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone got any experience with AI's Barchetta Jacket?

I really like the design but fear that the linen mix limits it too much to only the really "summery" months?
Not true at all…..I wear mine under my parka in the winter

toli_ma

Reaction score
Don't usually post on this side of the forum, but visited the shop on London last week and bought a pair of the Studridge's. It feels great to finally find a loafer last that fits. Might not be my last purchase from them.

QF8hxZE.jpg

DhWwLZD.jpg
looks really good. wondering did you size up or just take a usual C&J size?

toli_ma

Reaction score
Stylish folks,

anybody here that own the AIC Denim Jeans, maybe even in their light wash? If so: how is the quality and what do you pair it with? Can you maybe even provide a picture of the fit?

Normaly buying my denim from Blackhorses Lane I am now specifically looking for a good quality light wash jeans with a medium to high rise, but these are quite hard to find as it turns out.
I have a pair of light wash, and i took my usual size 34" waist. Unfortunately, i have tried denim from Blackhorses Lane. But I have a jeans of Armoury by Nigel, and I also took the same 34" waist. The one from AI definitely feels slimmer but not tight. and the rise i think is perfect for jeans, as I would't want it to be too high rise as compared to tailored trousers.

sargeinaz

Reaction score
I saw they launched their bespoke tailoring service. I wonder how successful it will be and if people will want to use them instead of other London bespoke tailors or traveling Italian tailors. The website says a bespoke suit costs 3350 GBP which I would assume is for their in house fabrics. I don’t know how much the traveling tailors like Ciardi or Zizolfi cost, but we’ll see if people will want to pay for a made in London Italian style suit.

edit: I looked up Ciardi and Zizolfi. Suits start at 3200 and 3300 euros.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics