• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Andrew's Ties

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just picked up a tie from their Philadelphia store. They have quite a selection, and most ties are only $49. They also have pocket squares, scarves and ascots with what looks like hand rolled edges for $25. Unfortunately, no white pique bowties. They take some sorting through, like any place, but I found a few ties that I liked. The quality seems good too. There was a good amount of ties on sale for $24 there, but I limited myself to buying only the one that I needed. I'm pretty sure all the ties are 3 fold. There are some knits and wool ties and they seemed nice.

Anyone else own some ties from this store?

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes. You get what you pay for - not great designs, not great quality. I like their wool ties best.

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I do and like them. The seasonal collections (wool, linen etc.) are nice.

DorianGrey

Reaction score
I like them. The quality is good for the price point. I bought three from the same store.

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by alliswell
Yes. You get what you pay for - not great designs, not great quality. I like their wool ties best.
Agreed. The tie I bought is worth what I paid and the wool ties I saw looked really nice.

needshoehelp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have one and it holds its own against much more expensive ties of mine.

tim_horton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by needshoehelp
I have one and it holds its own against much more expensive ties of mine.

+1, while the tie is very plain, the quality is great for the price.

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great designs, great quality for the price.

ktrp

Reaction score
Quality for price seemed good at their retail price, had trouble finding designs I liked. Some good soporiphic ties
wink.gif

bing

Reaction score
i bought a few shirts from their store in Venice, Italy when i was there a few years back. 2 are still in my rotation and the other i bought in the wrong side
frown.gif

it'll go up in the classifieds shortly
smile.gif

The shirts i picked up held up well and are certainly better quality that a lot of generic OTR stuff. I could have taken better care of them though.

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I find that the two I own wrinkle pretty severely. I think Brooks Brothers ties on sale are a better value among widely-available tie retailers.

P-K-L

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ktrp
Quality for price seemed good at their retail price, had trouble finding designs I liked. Some good soporiphic ties
wink.gif

I got a dark blue 7-fold and a dark green grenadine tie from them - I really like them.

Though the dark blue one got a risotto stain on it...
ffffuuuu.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics