1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Andrew Lock - Introducing a new shoe line from a long term member - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Former Affiliate Vendor Threads; a Locked Forum.' started by LA Guy, Jun 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. taxgenius

taxgenius Senior member

Congrats!!! I'm very happy for you and I wish you the best of luck. You were a great seller on SF and I am sure you will do great in this new endeavor.

2. cptjeff

cptjeff Senior member

Good luck! $225 is a great price for the basics, and $400 is more than fair for the fancier stuff, and the shoes are absolutely lovely. Get enough publicity (that probably means things like GQ and the search engine optimized spam pages like askmen, sorry to say) and I wouldn't be surprised if you get a nice little thing going.

Certainly keep us updated.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2012
  3. CYstyle

CYstyle Senior member

nice :)

and I typically don't like wholecuts, but that is really nice.

4. bengal-stripe

bengal-stripe Senior member Dubiously Honored

All shoes, particular if you aim to keep the cost down have a certain resemblance with each other. It cost additional monies to have a new pattern and grade it for all the sizes required. Look at EG's own shoes and the one's made for RLPL. The difference between the two are only small design variations, which do not affect the basic pattern.

Andrew Lock's Gryffin might be based on the same pattern as Herring's Rushden, but the Gryffin has an additional line of perforation, along the top-line and down the throat. Gryffin comes on last 208, while the Rushden comes on last 205 (I'm not au fait with Cheaney's lasts as to have an opinion which one is preferable).

Last but not least Lock's shoes clocks in financially considerable lower (GBP 250) compared with the Herrings at GBP 325, At this stage, Andrew Lock deserves encouragement,as the product he offers looks thoroughly professional.

4 people like this.
  5. Northampton Novice

Northampton Novice Senior member

Yes aware of that, I didn't say they were identical, did I?

Aware of this also, you'll note I wished him success and acknowledged his very accessible pricing.

Rolf, your post reads as if I'm unsupportive or negative of our SF brethren. All I did was point out some similarities between existing products.

6. bengal-stripe

bengal-stripe Senior member Dubiously Honored

Did you or did you not agree with the one unsupportive and negative comment in this thread?

(I had to google what 'orly' means, so far I only knew the word as the name of an airport in Paris.)

7. AnGeLiCbOrIs

AnGeLiCbOrIs Senior member

I'm all for it but I would prefer to wait until people are familiar with the lasts.

8. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Or just keep this thread alive and kicking. Styleforum is one of the more SEO optimized sites on the net, and it's actually fun and (can be) informative.

9. omgitswes

omgitswes Senior member

Shame they don't come in my size. Really Want a pair of those double monks

10. TheWraith

TheWraith Senior member

Good luck with this new endeavour, Angelic. Hope it all goes well for you.

11. kev777

kev777 Senior member

The Handgrade are made by Cheaney as stated are the Benchgrade (Made in Spain) made by Meermin????

12. AnGeLiCbOrIs

Meermin is not involved.

13. asturiano

asturiano Senior member

Are they made in Almansa? Berwick?

14. chiron

chiron Senior member

Excellent work !!!

BTW ... I would recommend that you upgrade the photos on your website.

15. keys

keys Senior member

I've ordered a suit and a sport coat from Andrew's new MTM line and his attention to detail has, not surprisingly, been superb. The suit fit PERFECTLY and I'm currently awaiting delivery of the SC any day now. He's got a huge selection of fabrics and offers many options for customization; turn around time has been great as well.

I've been a customer of Andrew for years and can say from good experience there is NO easier guy to do business with on SF.

These shoes look great and the price point is more than fair. Guess I just talked myself into ordering a pair...

V-

Last edited: Jun 18, 2012
  16. Xenon

Xenon Senior member

I wish Andrew Lock/AnGeLiCbOrIs lots of succes.

It's always nice and inspriational to see shoe and clothing startups. Hopefully the business Gods will look down favourably from the heavens and you will make it big!

17. RDiaz

RDiaz Senior member

That antiqued wingtip/wholecut looks a lot like Magnannis. Are these made by Blanco Aldomar?

18. AnGeLiCbOrIs

They are made in England by Joseph Cheaney & Sons.

19. Stirling

Stirling Senior member

Lol me too, not so long ago.

Orly means oh really, not sure if that counts as a negative comment.

I think at the price the shoes are a great buy, I'm guessing if we in England wanted a pair VAT would be added?

Last edited: Jun 18, 2012
  20. Wes Bourne

Wes Bourne Senior member

Congrats and best of luck to the OP!

Noticed a typo re sizing/conversion: Don't you mean 'UK size is -1 in F width' (vs listed US size)?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.