• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anderson & Sheppard Online Shop Open

Von Franz

Reaction score
Saw this on @dieworkwear 's blog.

http://shop.anderson-sheppard.co.uk/

It looks incredible.
Some of you guys must have seen it already, and maybe even ordered an item or two.
If so, please do post pics or a review when your order arrives. I'm eager to see how this stuff is.

Anyone know who makes the sweaters?
They seem pretty reasonably priced, and A&S looks like a viable competitor to Drake's London in that department (and others).

Also, thoughts on what this exposure will mean for them?
I mean, it's a pretty sizable webshop, and priced well within the range of other, SF-favored, e-retailers.
I'd be surprised if this didn't end up constituting a substantial part of their business.
Expansion possible in coming years?

Last edited:

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ties are RTW and waaayy overpriced. You could get Hober or even Cappelli bespoke for that price.

Most of the stuff is going to be overpriced, just because of the A&S name

Von Franz

Reaction score
Well, okay, the ties are expensive, but not awfully so-- 95 to 125 GBP is Drake's territory, which many (if not most) folks on here are comfortable with. Not going to disagree that there are better bargains to be had, but I wouldn't call them out as overpriced before seeing them in person.

As for the other stuff, it's pretty much the same story, isn't it? 300-odd GBP is a good price for a Scottish cashmere sweater, and their quilted-lined raincoats are just about on par with Mackintosh. These are really solid-looking clothes, and it certainly doesn't seem like a cash grab on A&S's part.

Macallan

Reaction score
When I had a look at their shop last year, a lot of garments were made in Italy; the quality was good but more expensive then similar quality elsewhere. Since then, they have added more items based on what I have seen online.

If you are looking for cashmere sweaters, have a look at Turnbull & Asser £195 or two for £300 (sleeveless £145 each or two for £200).

Grammaton Cleric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Their 90/10 sweaters are made by Inis Meain to their designs, and are not sold at a premium to regular Inis prices.

Some ties are made by Drakes - bit on the expensive side, but not egregiously so. A lot of the other items are very fairly priced, particularly given the strength of the Andersons name.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads