• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ande Whall Cougars = WOW!

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I checked my mailbox today and found a pair of Ande Whall Cougars! The turnaround time was very short, probably about two weeks total. These jeans are totally money. The fit is spot on, kinda similar to the SSDS but with a bit less stacking, which is totally perfect for me. It might be very slightly slimmer through the thighs and legs too. The denim is wonderfully dark and the details are amazing. If I could conjure up a concept of a perfect jean for me, this would be damn close. Thanks Ande! Yes, the denim is that dark.
pics2bs.jpg

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
looks good! are those indigo? looks black on my screen, but you did say they were "that dark"

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
looks good! are those indigo? looks black on my screen, but you did say they were "that dark"

Yeah, they're indigo, just really dark indigo.

evilgeniusdan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yup. As of now, Ande only does them in indigo, but it is super dark.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Drizzt, how would you compare the denim feel/weight/stiffness to another brand? After seeing so many people with them, they might just be my next buck fifty jeans.
I think Nudie denim (SSDS) is a pretty good comparison in terms of feel/weight/stiffness. It seems to be pretty tightly woven, like Nudie/APC, and the weave seems fine, it's not coarse or rough at all. Very smooth denim.
inlove.gif
They're really dark. The only jean I have that comes close to this level of darkness are my SDA103s. I think those are actually a good comparison in terms of denim although my SD-103s weren't raw (1 wash) so I'm not sure how they compared when they shipped.

Bandwagonesque

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Size up? Size down? They look considerably darker than the ones I've seen on SuFu.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bandwagonesque
Size up? Size down? They look considerably darker than the ones I've seen on SuFu.
I sized up a tiny bit because Ande said they were 100% TTS and wouldn't really stretch, and I didn't want them to be too tight in the thighs/legs. I went with the 94cm cougars, and they fit like a slim 36, or maybe like RRDS/APC NS in 34 do after stretching out a bit. For reference I wear 34s in most non-Japanese jeans and 33s in Rescues. It's basically a perfect fit for me out of the box and if it doesn't stretch like cheap said, it will be perfect for me. It shouldn't because it's not tight, just snug. For reference, those lavers are black, so you can see how dark the denim is. It's definitely indigo, though.

dtmt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How do the sizes run in terms of inseam? Specifically, can you compare them to 501's or 514's? I ask this because I find that I need to size up to a 34" inseam in Levi's as opposed to 32" in most other jeans, and it seems like AW might be the same way (as they are supposedly TTS).

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dtmt
How do the sizes run in terms of inseam? Specifically, can you compare them to 501's or 514's? I ask this because I find that I need to size up to a 34" inseam in Levi's as opposed to 32" in most other jeans, and it seems like AW might be the same way (as they are supposedly TTS).

I don't own any 501 or 514s, so I couldn't tell you. I normally have about a 32" inseam so that's what I asked for, you can see the results in the picture.

Say

Reaction score
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
I checked my mailbox today and found a pair of Ande Whall Cougars! The turnaround time was very short, probably about two weeks total. These jeans are totally money. The fit is spot on, kinda similar to the SSDS but with a bit less stacking, which is totally perfect for me. It might be very slightly slimmer through the thighs and legs too. The denim is wonderfully dark and the details are amazing. If I could conjure up a concept of a perfect jean for me, this would be damn close. Thanks Ande! Yes, the denim is that dark.
pics2bs.jpg

wow, nice. those look awesome drizzt. very tempted. btw: what color did you get for the pocket lining?

dtmt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
I don't own any 501 or 514s, so I couldn't tell you. I normally have about a 32" inseam so that's what I asked for, you can see the results in the picture.
Do they touch the ground if you're not wearing shoes?

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Ande has stated clearly that they're very true to size with minimal shrinking and stretching. Take that with a grain of salt as even he has stated that they will stretch like any other jeans if needed. Some people have sized down 1 just because they want a online tight fit. He mainly stated that as a bunch of people are in the habit of sizing down 1 or 2 for jeans such as samurai, sda, apc and nudie so he didn't want people to think that they could afford to. The waists are done by cm and i think vary ever .8cms, so if you're normally a 32, you might want to go with the 31.8 instead of the 32.4 depending on how tight you like it. The grifters are pretty tight in the thighs from what i've seen, but just posting from what i've gathered on sufu.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads