1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

And now Flusser is doing pre-tied bow ties

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by cuffthis, Sep 14, 2006.

1. EL72

EL72 Senior member

I inquired about this same issue at Charvet(Paris) and was told that they do not make a pre-tied tie and that the ties were tied for display purposes only. The saleslady then took a tie from the rack and untied it.

Perhaps they only make them for the US market.

I couldn't find any examples now on eBay but did find another reference to them at NM in an earlier SF post: http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...00&postcount=6

2. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

Bowties are the best. They remind me of Roy Cohn at Studio 54, sulking or Kinsey, discussing sex. They're so disingenuous, and perverse in their overt conservatism.[​IMG]

3. Tomasso

Tomasso Senior member

Perhaps they only make them for the US market.

I made a call to Charvet and got the lowdown on their bow ties. It seems that Charvet makes something of a hybrid in that their ties are self-tie but with a clasp( in the back where the length is adjusted)which facilitates its use without having to tie/untie the bow.

4. Jovan

Jovan Senior member

Eh... that's pretty much the same as leaving a necktie tied and just sliding it on every day.