• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

An odd contrast...

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Okami
Wow, way to represent the site in a positive way that people will take seriously. I think I'll be looking elsewhere for help. Who the hell moderates this anyway?
Probably shouldn't have started your own thread, noob. Stop being so butthurt, you've gotten answers PS: 1:1 waist-hip ratio?! Nonsense

Brothersport

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
getup-1.png

Regarding pics, I am built like this man. Notice the wasp-like contrast between hips and chest/shoulders and crisp definitition of his backside. My backside shows quite clearly through my jeans and I don't feel like its very flattering. If I were a bigger man, I assume the difference in proportions would be less noticeable through jeans. My understanding is that a normal waist/hip ration on a man is 1:1. Regrettably (for me at least!) most jeans I find seem to keep this ratio in mind.

Thanks again to all who've replied!

winner
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
ok, now post a pic of your anus
lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I am 5'9'', rather wiry build and I generally wear between a 30-32 waist, depending on the jean. Trouble is, I come equipped with about a 38' rear end. I tend toward boot or straight cut jeans but, needless to say, I have a very difficult time finding any jeans that fit. Skinny fit is out of the question for obvious reasons...they tend to look a bit hillarious on me. :p

Anyway, I greatly appreciate any time and suggestions!

LOL! A 38-foot ass!? That IS a problem...

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I've never measured ******. Where exactly does one measure?

TheTukker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, way to represent the site in a positive way that people will take seriously. I think I'll be looking elsewhere for help. Who the hell moderates this anyway?

Not sure. Have you tried buying a 38 and have a tailor take in the waist? Just wondering whether it's too much of a 'drop up' to make that work.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lonneker
Not sure. Have you tried buying a 38 and have a tailor take in the waist? Just wondering whether it's too much of a 'drop up' to make that work.

Or he could just buy 38s and where them slouchy.

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

scugger

Reaction score
I am 5'9'', rather wiry build and I generally wear between a 30-32 waist, depending on the jean. Trouble is, I come equipped with about a 38' rear end. I tend toward boot or straight cut jeans but, needless to say, I have a very difficult time finding any jeans that fit. Skinny fit is out of the question for obvious reasons...they tend to look a bit hillarious on me. :p Anyway, I greatly appreciate any time and suggestions!
I have a 32 inch waist and a 38+ inch hip. My previous jean was Ande Whall Slackers sized up to 33. The extra rise gave the needed room in the seat. The thing about that jean though is the thighs are still relatively narrow. I've pretty much grown out of that now. What I wear now are Imperial Shearers which I picked up from Self Edge a few months ago. These guys have more room ********** and thigh and still taper down to a 7.25 inch leg opening. I got a size 32 in these. I think these are supposed to look slouchy on top, but for me it just looks like a slip tapered jean, without the ball crunchingess of normal slim jeans. The rise is really high on these guys though. N&F Weird Guys would prob also work, but I have never tried these on myself.

scugger

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Robert
I've never measured ******. Where exactly does one measure?

Measure around your body like you would your waist but do it lower down. I think you are supposed to take the widest measurement you get. For me this is about half way down ******.

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You have 38" hips and wear jeans with a 7" hem? Does it look odd?

scugger

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stylin-1
You have 38" hips and wear jeans with a 7" hem? Does it look odd?

I really thought it would before I tried it on, but it's not bad.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scugger
Measure around your body like you would your waist but do it lower down. I think you are supposed to take the widest measurement you get. For me this is about half way down ******.

L

O

L

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads