• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

An October to Remember...

TexasLidig8r

Reaction score
Sometimes, you just have one of those magically months...

First.. I am a proud graduate of the University of Texas... 1981. In October.. that means one thing (well actually, many).. but... our annual slugfest with the hillbillies from Oklahoma. Now, for those not intimately familiar with college football, this game is more like a blood sport, a war, with bad blood running incredibly deep.

This year's version of the Hillbillies (with my apologies to any real, or imagined hillbillies who may peruse this site) was ranked number 1 and the so called pundits picked OU to win. Well... my Longhorns rose to the challenge (it was my 30th straight Texas - OU game to attend) and defeated the hated hillbillies.

Four days afterwards, I'm on a plane to Turks and Caicos. Providenciales island was spared by Hurricane Ike and we spent 8 grand days staying... here

www.villaosprey.com

Paradise... snorkeling, very good dining, great alcohol... great company, fabulous sex... Cohibas and MonteCristos galore. On the trip, the nationally televised Texas - Missouri game was shown and again, watched my beloved Longhorns destroy a highly ranked team. Enjoying a very wonderful 50th birthday.

Upon returning to Dallas on October 24, I went to Austin and watched Texas pull out a stunning victory over Oklahoma State in Austin... Matt's El Rancho after the game... strong margaritas, more fabulous sex... great times...

Which found me.. trying a lawsuit on Wednesday, October 29. A short one day trial which resulted in a very satisfying judgment for my client.

Finally... getting engaged to the woman with whom I have been involved for 5 years or so...

Time to light one up, count some blessings and enjoy life!

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is spam but hey, I like October so congrats.
biggrin.gif

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Enjoy it while it lasts. November comes, Obama will be your next President.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn
Enjoy it while it lasts. November comes, Obama will be your next President.

And then Thanksgiving and 10 unwanted pounds and 15 unwanted relatives sleeping at your house.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Congratulations on the engagement!

Condolences on how November started for you. Tech, however, can turn a game into a track meet when they're on.

TexasLidig8r

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
Congratulations on the engagement!

Condolences on how November started for you. Tech, however, can turn a game into a track meet when they're on.

uh yeah.. the Sand Aggy game was a tough loss. But, we're really a year early anyway.

clubbyjones

Reaction score
I love Texas A&M academically, but I love the football of UT. Here's hoping you guys make the BCS championship game. (and Tech loses to OSU and OU!)

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by clubbyjones
I love Texas A&M academically, but I love the football of UT. Here's hoping you guys make the BCS championship game. (and Tech loses to OSU and OU!)
You must be from out of state
laugh.gif

unpainted huffheinz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All of the tea sippers and Aggies are nuts. The mass indoctrination that goes on in College Station has no parallel outside of cults.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by unpainted huffheinz
All of the tea sippers and Aggies are nuts. The mass indoctrination that goes on in College Station has no parallel outside of cults.

Oh, go to hell. You don't understand what it means to BELONG.

h8er!

smile.gif

TexasLidig8r

Reaction score
Originally Posted by unpainted huffheinz

Mass indoctrination? It's called "brain washing!"

They teach those poor little freshman (or.. fish as they call them) to love sheep and hate all things TU while whooping at the drop of the hat.

It's kind of like having your mentally impaired Uncle Jake come for dinner at Thanksgiving... you sit him at the ****** table and just pray he doesn't embarrass himself too much.

With all due respect to any aggy who reads this site!

crackup[1].gif

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TexasLidig8r
Mass indoctrination? It's called "brain washing!"

They teach those poor little freshman (or.. fish as they call them) to love sheep and hate all things TU while whooping at the drop of the hat.

It's kind of like having your mentally impaired Uncle Jake come for dinner at Thanksgiving... you sit him at the ****** table and just pray he doesn't embarrass himself too much.

With all due respect to any aggy who reads this site!

crackup[1].gif

Please allow me to set the record straight here.

It's not called "brain-washing" - it's called "Fish Camp". Whooping and hollering and beer drinking and hell-raising are sanctioned activities at A&M and there is a definite protocol involved here. Underclassmen who violate these protocols are disciplined by upperclassmen on the spot. I don't see how this can be branded as cult-type activity. BTW - I'm not telling you this.

We love cooking sheep. Not f*cking them. Although some of the ag majors...well there is no other rational explanation for their velcro-palmed gloves, but they are in the minority.

We don't hate t.u. Okay, we do, but pretty well all Aggies over the age of 22 get over it once they realize that they invariably have relatives who went to t.u. In my case it's the doctors and laywers (no need to pile on here texaslidig8r).

Thank you for letting me set the record straight here.

A concerned Aggie

TexasLidig8r

Reaction score
come now Thomas. Let the man have his fun and perpetuate the tired, trite stereotype! After all we Longhorns are merely effete, country club going t-sippers.

Truth be told, the differences between the schools are becoming fewer with each passing year. aggy is a huge school now and the parochialism that used to characterize its students when it was an all male, military academy is fading.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TexasLidig8r
come now Thomas. Let the man have his fun and perpetuate the tired, trite stereotype! After all we Longhorns are merely effete, country club going t-sippers.

Truth be told, the differences between the schools are becoming fewer with each passing year. aggy is a huge school now and the parochialism that used to characterize its students when it was an all male, military academy is fading.

smile.gif
fair enough.

Actually I kind of miss the "HOWDY, DAMMIT" assault I used to get on campus. It was damned easy to meet people (read: girls) when they're all shouting HOWDY at you.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads