An iGent asks: how are my jeans?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mafoofan, Dec 3, 2008.

1. Tarmac

Tarmac Senior member

I just wore them day-to-day, going to classes and running errands. No athletic activity whatsoever (you can trust me on that one). Within a year, they started developing holes at the knees. In contrast, the 45rpms have no such problem, and it's been almost two years of similar wear.

I just don't understand this. I haven't worn through a pair of jeans at the knee since I was 8 years old and playing on a playground. Old Navy, Levi's, Iron Heart, $20 or $300, I have worn APCs 6 times a week for over 2 years, and there is no hole on the knee, and those are not particularly tough jeans. That makes no sense at all unless you are on your knees all the time.

2. why

why Senior member

That makes no sense at all unless you are on your knees all the time.

Well...[​IMG]

3. lee_44106

lee_44106 Senior member

I have a single pair of the 21oz Ironhearts, and they have held up pretty well so far. I'm also an occasional weekend jean wearer.

I would love to see pictures of these supposedly shoddy Levi's, to see what kind of damage could possibly have been inflicted upon by an infrequent wearer of jeans.

4. aerether

aerether Senior member

So there's this thread called "Post pics of your denim."

I conclude, therefore, that there is little to no point in the existence of this one.

5. robin

robin Senior member

I conclude, therefore, that there is little to no point in the existence of this one.
    Not true. It's a great inane post of the day generator.

6. HEWSINATOR

HEWSINATOR Senior member

I actually like the fade and it works with the aesthetic. Is that a crease I see on the front?

I think this is an example of a nice worn in pair of jeans, that look natural, but not so contrasty and high def and beat that they do not work with a jacket.

7. Dragon

Dragon Senior member

[​IMG]

I think the jeans look pretty good.

First thing I noticed is that the cut looks much baggier than your regular pants (can`t see the full length, but I imagine it gets even baggier below the knees) I prefer a jean that is similar to the lines of my regular pants.

Second thing I noticed is that they look a bit sloppy with the fading at the knees. I think jeans with little or no fade look better with what you are wearing.

8. BostonRussell

BostonRussell Well-Known Member

I could copy and paste this in response to any argument and it'd be equally impertinent.

[​IMG]

I suppose I should have been more discriminating in my quoting. I was specifically referencing the implication that the only reason anyone would disagree with you is because internet arguments are easier than throwing away expensive clothing.

9. lance konami

lance konami Senior member

Mafoofan - That jacket sort of makes it look like you have large breasteses for some reason.

10. JoelF

JoelF Senior member

The jacket, the jeans, the shirt, all kind of bleh. Doesn't even look try-hard, just unremarkable.

11. dusty

dusty Senior member

Even though only about 30% of the jeans are visible, they probably look alright. The front rise looks like it might not be in proportion. But please button your damn shirt.

12. lee_44106

lee_44106 Senior member

The jacket, the jeans, the shirt, all kind of bleh. Doesn't even look try-hard, just unremarkable.

I believe Mafoofan had said earlier that he wants his clothes to look unremarkable.

13. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

i am pretty basic when it comes to jeans but they look awful IMO. I don't really like loose or bootcut jeans so take it for what it's worth.

14. Teger

Teger Senior member

IMO you should unbutton your shirt until you show chest hair. If that means 5 or 6 buttons, than so be it.

15. mafoofan

mafoofan THE FOO Dubiously Honored

These jeans aren't bootcut. And they look loose to you guys? Sheesh. This is a strange new universe for me.