1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

An idea: item request thread.

Discussion in 'B&S Archive' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Jan 9, 2007.

1. DShareef

DShareef Senior member

I'm looking for a pair of brown Mezlans...... [​IMG] Don't worry, I've learned my lesson.

Actually, I'm looking for a quality pair of burgundy wingtips and/or a pair of burgundy cap toes in size 13D. I have no problem with gently worn and I'd like to spend $75 or less.

Thanks

2. dr.no

dr.no Senior member

Not a single suede belt in the joint.

That would be great, thanks. Dress belt though i.e. no wider than 1.25" and no funky stitching...

3. bathtime

bathtime Senior member

OK I'll play.

I need a dark brown suede dress belt (size 32-34) to match the Tramezza Gherardo and the only nice one I found was a $180 Canali, which is too much $. I am ready to pay $50 for a nice one, preferably new and unused. I also prefer silver hardware too.

APC has a dark brown suede belt with silver buckle on sale for $56. The 90cm size would prob be right (I'm 30W and fit the 85).

http://www.apc.fr/us/en/fiche_articl...f=4VED1650080H

4. lakewolf

lakewolf Senior member

I haven't read all posts in this thread but I wanted to tell you:

As some of you maybe have notices, I started selling some nice NWT items in the forum.

I am blessed to live in a city where there are a chain of Italian Outlet stores..
    I allways shop there trying to find good items at a good price.

Being a 38R, 15.5" shirts, it is not an easy task...

See, in Europe most guys are 38R and wear 15.5 shirts...

When I go to the shops I see plenty of Zileri, Corneliani, Isaia items discounted in big sizes bit not too much in my size...

I started as an experiment to buy some items and put them for sale here, and it has been a good experience, I do a little profit that I can then reinvest buying other items and sell them here...

The problem is...

I am not a merchant or a seller... I am just a regular guy who happens to love clothes... and I am not interested in having a stock of items that doesn't sell or that take long to sell...

Well maybe I just have to blame the warm winter about the overcoats I bougth for the forum... all the other items have been happily sold ... I just lost a little money on shipping charges because it turned out to be more than I specified and adding to that the ties I sent as a gift etc... But at the end it has been a good experience I am happy with that and the guy that bought the items seem to be also.

Maybe the best thing would be to see if someone needs something specific and then go and try to get it for him

the other problem is that these shops that sell discounted items doesn't accept returns here, so if I do it in that way I'd have to do it with a pre-payment as if the buyer then changes his mind and doesn't pay I'll get stuck with another Item in my "stock"...

Now is the sales period here so I can get nice white label Zileri suits for around $300 shipped and Zileri sartoriales/Isaias for around $500

what do you think ?

5. EL72

EL72 Senior member

APC has a dark brown suede belt with silver buckle on sale for $56. The 90cm size would prob be right (I'm 30W and fit the 85).

http://www.apc.fr/us/en/fiche_articl...f=4VED1650080H

Thanks for that. The buckle style and the width (1.4") make it too casual for my needs though. It would be fine with jeans, cords... but I need a belt for suits/dress pants.

6. Joel_Cairo

Joel_Cairo Senior member

Thanks for that. The buckle style and the width (1.4") make it too casual for my needs though. It would be fine with jeans, cords... but I need a belt for suits/dress pants.

not to suggest your opinion is wrong, but I'd think that belt could still work for you. You could probably have the buckle replaced, and as to the width, I'd agree that that's too wide for calfskin suit belt, but suede is a different scene, IMO. As soon as you wear suede shoes, I feel like you have taken a step down with regard to formality, and a somewhat wider belt wouldn't strike me as out of place (its not like its 2 inches or anything).

Again, just my $.02, and if you don't dig the belt, that's that. [​IMG]

7. Girardian

Girardian Senior member

Hand made deep navy suit in an OTR 40R/41R with 2/3 buttons (3 rolled to 2 or 3 or two with a high gorge), ticket pocket, dual vents, lush fabric, functioning buttons to my sleeve length, single pleat trousers .... [​IMG]

8. DShareef

DShareef Senior member

I'm looking for a brown and white pair of AE Broadstreets in size 13D.

9. BigSur

BigSur Senior member

I'm looking for a slim desert boot and/or chukka in 9 or 9.5, ideally in brown or brownish tone, but would also consider black. I would like new or newish condition. Please pm me.

10. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

5EP raws for $150 shipped or less in size 34.

11. long_knives

long_knives Senior member

As some of you maybe have notices, I started selling some nice NWT items in the forum.

Now is the sales period here so I can get nice white label Zileri suits for around $300 shipped and Zileri sartoriales/Isaias for around $500

lakewood, you are going to be an extremely good resource for me (when my chequebook permits it, of course). You know I would love either of those Corneliani coats you posted. Who knows, I might still pull the trigger. Winter in Vancouver this year is uncharacteristically chilly. [​IMG]

Always look forward to your next offering.

12. lakewolf

lakewolf Senior member

The cornelianis are still available at a reduced price ( $250 plus shipping tqo 40R and one 38R) I have seen no interest on them because of this year's warm winter... but we are still hoping and waiting for the snow... I haven't gone still skiing this year because of the lack of snow... last year I was skiing since november...

13. BubblyMasquerade

BubblyMasquerade Senior member

Ok, I need quite badly a pair of Paper Denim and Cloth GTOs in the one year wash. (from the old batch) If someone has one for sale, please pm me.

14. thisisme

thisisme Senior member

rb15 selvedge from factory people in 28x30, if you bought them and they dont fit

15. Joel_Cairo

Joel_Cairo Senior member

seems to me this thread has pretty quickly fulfilled its destiny of becoming an echo-chamber wishing-well kind of thing, where everyone can write their xmas list, but nobody's sending PMs back. Just out of curiosity, have any transactions come of this thread?

16. 40kaas-nl

40kaas-nl Senior member

WTB Incotex (or similar quality) trousers in size 30" US/UK or 46 Euro. Inseam would have to be 32" or longer.

Used not a problem as long in good condition.

Especially looking for cotton or linen trousers but will also consider wool.

Only flat front and straight leg or slightly tapered.

17. Bergdorf Goodwill

Bergdorf Goodwill Senior member

seems to me this thread has pretty quickly fulfilled its destiny of becoming an echo-chamber wishing-well kind of thing, where everyone can write their xmas list, but nobody's sending PMs back. Just out of curiosity, have any transactions come of this thread?

As I was concerned, it seems to have been killed by people being entirely too specific and insistent on newness. Perhaps one day it will soar.

18. BigSur

BigSur Senior member

Don't go into the light.