1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: A Made-to-Measure suit from Lanieri

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Made-to-measure suit from Lanieri. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

An e-bay seller who does not want to sell

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by marc237, Jun 23, 2005.

1. marc237

marc237 Distinguished Member

2. Stu

Stu Distinguished Member

Well he is a rookie seller apparently, with 0 feedback and just registered the other day. Perhaps he will learn from his folly.

3. marc237

marc237 Distinguished Member

Not to be too mean, but I always prefer the rookie sellers who price the item way too low.

4. Zubberah

Zubberah Senior Member

I've got a pair of Mezlan boots - must admit I quite like my pair and they appear well made.

5. RJman

RJman Posse Member Dubiously Honored

I've often thought ebay would be a great place to launder money in such a way.

6. The_Foxx

The_Foxx Distinguished Member

yep, I know what you mean-- my pet peeve is sellers who don't realize their price is still high for the ebay market, and keep the reserve price exactly the same, for months at a time (they just keep reposting the same item at the same price, over and over again...) Here's the one that is killing me at the moment-- these should be a size 10.5 US, exactly my size-- but nobody is interested in them at $650 plus shipping... Not two months ago, not last month, and not this month. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws....me=WDVW

7. naturlaut

naturlaut Senior Member

Mr. Foxx, I have a pair of Lobb City in that exact colour, and let me tell you, they antique beautifully. They are almost on permanent display at my house as everyone loves them. I alternate between a burgundy polish and light yellow so it won't get too dark.

8. Stu

Stu Distinguished Member

Foxx: Those shoes are waiting for you brother. Faithfully extending their unrequited love, just waiting for a wink, a whisper, a kiss from you.

9. rootless

rootless Active Member

(The_Foxx @ June 23 2005,18:35) yep, I know what you mean-- my pet peeve is sellers who don't realize their price is still high for the ebay market, and keep the reserve price exactly the same, for months at a time (they just keep reposting the same item at the same price, over and over again...) Here's the one that is killing me at the moment-- these should be a size 10.5 US, exactly my size-- but nobody is interested in them at $650 plus shipping... Not two months ago, not last month, and not this month. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws....me=WDVW
    Foxx: Those shoes are waiting for you brother. Faithfully extending their unrequited love, just waiting for a wink, a whisper, a kiss from you.
    The linen shoes are way overpriced, and, as you say, ugly. Really ugly. No surprise that they wound up on Ebay. The Lobbs are nice, but... I saw a nicer pair of shoes (dress boots actually, and I'm kicking myself for not getting them) go on ebay for $160.00 recently. Ebay is cutthroat.

10. ATM

ATM Senior Member

Odd that they're described as suede.

11. dah328

dah328 Distinguished Member

Is there a reason you don't use neutral polish to preserve the lighter color of the shoes?  Just curious as I have some lighter brown shoes that I'd like to preserve as well.

dan