• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. Passus shoes was founded by long term members of the forum and veterans of the shoes business. and is dedicated to crafting fine shoes in Budapest in a time honored tradition. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new affiliate vendor thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

An Allen-Edmonds thread for Monday, 23 August 2010

voxsartoria

Goon member
Reaction score
I thought that I would start an thread today into which people could post their Allen-Edmonds questions and comments among the wider community of people who are interested in those topics.

Lurkers welcome.

- B

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why can't they just go to AAAC?

gladhands

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mr Sartoria,

Why doesn't Mr Edmonds have a higher profile? Ralph Lauren is quite the public figure, Donatella Versace was in all those SNL sketches, and P Diddy is everywhere. Why is Allen Edmonds such a recluse?

Joenobody0

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have heard that just one pair of AE's increases the girth of your manhood by 3 inches; Since I'm already too well endowed for most women, how do you suggest I take advantage of the super deals on the "completely perfect, nothing wrong" seconds that AE is famous for?

voxsartoria

Goon member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by taxgenius69
Why can't they just go to AAAC?

Well, in these thread we a can all discuss Allen-Edmonds without photographs of men and women in underwear on either side of the browser window.

AAAC, in this regard, has taken on a racy, scandalous visual quality that I feel unsettles the more gentlemanly demeanor of the Allen-Edmonds customer (or prospective customer.)

- B

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Well, in these thread we a can all discuss Allen-Edmonds without photographs of men and women in underwear on either side of the browser window.

AAAC, in this regard, has taken on a racy, scandalous visual quality that I feel unsettles the more gentlemanly demeanor of the Allen-Edmonds customer (or prospective customer.)

- B

Excellent point!

Master Squirrel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gladhands
Mr Sartoria,

Why doesn't Mr Edmonds have a higher profile? Ralph Lauren is quite the public figure, Donatella Versace was in all those SNL sketches, and P Diddy is everywhere. Why is Allen Edmonds such a recluse?

Because not all Americans are ready for a non-elf cobblers as we are on SF.

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1. I would like Vox to disclose his financial understanding with AE for promotion of their Seconds. Is it a commission model based on sales to SF members. Or is he compensated in AE seconds for himself. Full disclosure so I am buy with confidence.

2. Are there any AE thirds which are of even better quality than AE seconds.

Joenobody0

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aj_del

2. Are there any AE thirds which are of even better quality than AE seconds.

Don't be silly. They sell those out the back door to Lobb.

zerostyle

Reaction score
Has anyone tried on their wide / "E" sizes?

I've always worn a 9 - 9.5D, but their fits are not working for me. (The 9 was perfect in length, but pinched my pinky toe. The 9.5D is too long).

For someone with a mostly regular width foot, would an E size work? I've tried 3 different Nordstroms and they only have D or EEE.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I would like to know how many pairs of Allen-Edmonds ("AE"s, for those in the know) I should purchase before buying a single pair of nicer, less ugly shoes: twenty, thirty?

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would like a sizing matrix relating to the pair of Allen Edmonds seconds to be worn and the pair of Allen Edmonds seconds to be used as trees.

Allen Edmonds.

Joenobody0

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
... a single pair of nicer shoes, less ugly shoes...

Is this a trick question? There is no nicer or better looking shoe in the universe.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Reaction score
Look: this thread was not an open invitation for cynicism.

Each week, there are many questions about Allen-Edmonds:

• How to tree them?
  • Why do they not fit my foot?
  • Why are used ones that I buy on the Internet not in like-new condition?
  • AE: brown or black? And once I choose, which color shoe polish?
  • Why is AE customer service angelic...and why is it evil?
  • What is with AE and Canada?
  • Alden: ripoff?

And so on. These are fundamental StyleForvm questions, which is why they are asked every week...even every day.

So far today, none of these questions had been raised. The objective of this thread, then, is provide a receptive home with a very high fence to allow AE enthusiasts put up their 360 degree welted feet and recite from the Canons of Allen-Edmonds Inquiries.

So, stop messing things up. Thanks.

- B

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.