• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

an afternoon at cappellini, rue des rosiers.

Luc-Emmanuel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After seeing iammat home which would rival a cappellini showroom, and being not far away from the rue des rosiers, I dragged my wife and kid there.

The original idea was to try the bird chaise, which I have been lusting over for months, after one of my friend bought the embryo which I didn't find comfortable. Big disapointment, as they don't feature it anymore
frown.gif

Anyway, after a long walk, I needed to rest so I just tried every sofa and armchairs in the showroom
alien.gif
The Norguet rive droite chair was probably one of the most uncomfortable piece of furniture I sat in at cappellini. Being a dwarf, this chair just doesn't suit my body type.
The knotted chair was surprisingly comfortable and so was the giant macaroni made of fiberglass by marc newson, sorry forgot about the original name of this chaise, much better than the embryo.
The sofa are all top notch, this is probably what I will buy there. The Soft 2 is really wonderful.
The overall feeling is very cerebral and very serious (serious design, serious prices...), Cassina was much more playful despite what one would imagine.
Next week I'll do the vitra showroom...

!luc

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads